Door ajar light/buzzer driving me nuts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door ajar light/buzzer driving me nuts

nbx03xlt2

Reaction score
City, State
Sitka, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT NBX
I have a 2003 explorer and my problem is that the door ajar light and buzzer are constantly going off even though all the doors are shut. I have tried the WD-40 fix and it worked for a while but now it doesn't seem to work and it's happening more frequently now. My question is what does the door ajar switch look like and where is it located? I have taken the driver side door apart and could not figure out which one is the switch. And does anyone have any other ideas on fixing this? Thanks for the help.

i wanna say that the sensor is on the latch that connects to the door pillar

I have had this problem about twice on my '02. It went away within a few hours. Hasn't come back. I could not find any buttons in the door jams so I assume the the switch is located in the door latch as well.

I pulled the wire off the ignition cylinder so my truck won't ding when the doors are open. It still dings when the lights are left on and the truck is off though. It just clips on the cylinder. Not sure if the G3's are the same... I thought I read somewhere that the door ajar switch is in the latch on the G3...

Back