• Register Today It's free!

Door Handle Doom!!!!

92blusilvxlt

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Harbor washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
driving to autozone to get the pin to fix my door and when i closed my door the handle ripped off, i just cant get a break today. anyone got any suggestions on a type of epoxy? or any other remedy you might sugget would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ebay... look for explorer and handle.. They are usually < $15.

~Mark

Most the parts on ebay are from a company called www.1aauto.com

I have their handles on both sides... they are a tad beefier then stock (~1/16" thicker), and comes primer'd so you can paint it.

Awesome thanks guys, its a bummer though i cant find a blue pull handle on ebay

dont worry iam an idiot the blue is grey

Let me make a suggestion.... after you put the new handle on (mine broke on the driver's side and I managed to find a complete door panel... when the passenger side went, I could only find the handle which was a bit trickier to replace...) anyway, I mixed up a BIG batch of 5 minute expoy and filled in on the inside of the door handles wherer they seem to break. I did this on both doors.

Ditto the epoxy method. I repaired the passenger door about a year ago with an entire tube of 5 ton epoxy. I've stood on the handle since then and not had it break or crack. I filled the backside of the handle and door around the ends where it broke.

driver side here

I used liquid nails on mine about 2 years ago, still holding fine.. used a black magic marker to hide the brown glue that was showing. :D

Back