• Register Today It's free!

Door Handles for a 93 XL?

Shadow91

Reaction score
City, State
Graham, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer XL
Okay, so i have searched far and wide looking for these dang things and cant find them anywhere. I need the pull handle arm rest deal that you use to pull the door shut on the door panel. I have looked at every junkyard around me and i have yet to find an XL model with Manual windows and locks.. Cant find them online, ebay, anything.. anyone able to tell me where to find these precious gems?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...You can try here...;)
http://www.lmctruck.com/

...I have only seen a couple XL's in jy's...You should post a pic of your panels/handles so others may know what they look like..

...They look like door panels/handles off of 80's f250's...

...For some reason I cannot get that page to load properly..:dunno:

I couldn't find the replacement handles for my XL, that is one of the reasons I upgraded to Power Everything!

Ryan

It's not something that I recommend for a novice.

There is a bit of mechanical knowledge, and a bit of Electrical knowledge.

Luckily you are in Graham. There are a TON of Explorers at Meridian Auto Wrecking (B&R now)...and if you can't find them there, there is Binford's in Kent.

You can buy the entire wiring harness........and swap the mechanicals...if you are serious about doing this, I am willing to help...I am over in Bremerton....and I have a full set of doors...

Ryan

yeah I have the manual doors as well....the last owner got creative and made wood pieces for door pulls....my wife laughed when she seen them. My driver side one is zip tied together.

$50 is just too much for a door pull to me.... Do what I plan on doing and do the xlt upgrade....swap doors and install the donor pw pdl pm harness, and go.

thing im worried about is the cost of what that is going to cost me.. I dont really want to rock the different colored doors thing as well...

If it was me find someone local to you willing to help out with maybe a parts truck.

Looks like Spdrcer34 is willing to help you out.

I totally get the not wanting to rock the color change, I myself know of some doors if I would ever get a response back from the guy. but if all 4 doors match then you could prime the whole thing.... My paint is crap anyway so I'd welcome the change.

My paint is actually in pretty decent condition already. Its a little faded from over the years but its all there and not peeled or anything anywhere.. Only thing is its purple.. and i have yet to see another one that color at a JY. I would love to put electrical Windows and all that junk on it.. but i dont want to sink tons of money into this either.. Ive thought about rattle canning the truck.. but many people have advised me not too.. opinions about rattle can method?

Don't guess I've seen a purple X....seen several purple rangers around a 94-95 model.... I'd get four doors have them painted to match...we have Maaco here, but someplace similar.

I am and sorta not concerned with matching paint on mine cause some "tard" before me used a paint brush (you can see the brush stroke marks).

I agree running with diff colors would be tacky but until you could save up for a paint job, it could be an alternative to broken door pieces.

Just remember to get the harness that controls the doors when you pull them from a power door truck.

Back