Looking for 92 XL Door handles (interior) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for 92 XL Door handles (interior)

mechroneal

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XL
Anyone know where to find door pulls for a 92 XL with manual windows? Kbabiak doesn't carry first gen, and LMC only has them available for the XLT. All 4 of mine are in various stages of breakage (original owner was compulsive about cleanliness, not so much about greasing hinges), but the driver's side broke off completely this week (all 4 had been epoxied in).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gotta start hitting the junk yards and see what you can get. I fixed a lot of my interior with stuff from pull n save.

Gotta start hitting the junk yards and see what you can get. I fixed a lot of my interior with stuff from pull n save.

I don't think you can re-use them because of the plastic welds. I am thinking about maybe retrofitting mine with some beefier pegs, & fiberglassing it in.

Does anyone have a "how to" diagram on how to remove the door panel to replace the door handle and/or parts in the door? I have a 1991 Ranger Truck 2.3, 4cyl.

Thanks for anyone's help!

Back