doorlocks

feenx

Reaction score
City, State
Tavistock,Ont
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer
Hi
I'm having trouble with my power doorlocks.
could someone tell me if there are two relays (1 for lock & 1 for unlock) or just one....and where to find (them, or it).
I have a 94 EB and the doors will lock but not unlock.

I've checked the wiring and switchs and they checked out ok. :)
I did a search that gave a lot hits, but didn't fit my problem.

Thanks Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have the keyless entry, there's a relay or module in the left rear quater panel that controls the lock/unlock.If it's not keyless I don't know of anything besides the switches and lock motors to control it.

Critter92X said:
If you have the keyless entry, there's a relay or module in the left rear quater panel that controls the lock/unlock.If it's not keyless I don't know of anything besides the switches and lock motors to control it.

I do have two modules and three relays in the left rear quater panel
one module for the 4wd, and one for the doorlocks.
but I'm still confused on the 3 relays (1 for the doorlocks, 1 for the 4wd, whats the 3rd 1 for,)

thanks for your reply
Rick

There should be relays back there for 1-tail lights 2-R.H.stop&turn 3-L.H.stop&turn.
Modules for 1-anti-theft controller (if equip.) 2-remote keyless entry (if equip.)3-electronic shift control 4x4.

I know that's just general info and not much help with you problem.I haven't run into a problem like yor having, so the keyless entry module was just a wild guess on my part.I really don't have much of a clue:)

I do have the anti-theft controller (hence the flashing light on the dash) and most likely the keyless entry, but no keyfob to do any testing with.

my guess is that the unlock part of the module must be dead or damaged.
for I only get 6.3v at the controls (on the unlock side)
and full voltage on the lock side.

anyways thanks for all the replys
Rick

I looked in the book and this might or might not help...When the unlock button is pushed Voltage is applied to the RKE (remote keyless entry)module by the pink/Lt. green wire.The RKE module then applies voltage through the pink/orange stripe and red/orange stripe to the lock motors to unlock the doors...This might help you figure out if it's the RKE module.

I'll do a voltage check at the RKE module.
at least that gives me a starting point..

thanks for the Help.
Rick

locks

I had same problem its the wire harness that runs under the carpet between the drivers side doors there is a factory splice in the wire that has a heat shrink on it and appears fine. Take off the plastic cover roll back the carpet and look for the light green wire splice [mine was by the front seat] open the splice and reconnect the wires ended all my problems.

Back