dose any one have the air tornado? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dose any one have the air tornado?

I was given the Tornado when I first purched my "X". I heard about the increase gas mileage and performance. With out the Tornado installed, I filled up and drove a set 10 mile course at a 45mph. I went back to the gas station, installed the Tornado, filled up and repeated the course. There was no difference in mileage. I could feel no horsepower increase and/or better throttle response. When it's installed in the Explorer there are a couple of angles in the stock airduct which could cause problems. If it was installed in a straight air duct and you was at wide open trottle....maybe you would get something. For the street use I do not recommend it . I would save my money.

I think everyone is going to bash you saying that 10 miles isnt enough. You should add another zero to the end of that to make it 100 instead of 10.

I guess I could have tried to do a longer evaluation but I really did not get ANYTHING from installing the Tornado. If you have a vehicle that has poor performance and/or gas mileage you should feel something. Throw a K+N Airfilter on any vehicle and you feel at least some peppyness. There was nothing. If I would have seen a half a gallon difference when I filled up I would have tried to evaluate the thing a little more. I feel 10 miles or a 1000 miles, the result would be the same. I personnaly would give up some gas mileage for some extra performance. I even feel that the overall area that the Tornado takes up on the inside of the airduct hurts performance by limiting airflow. The only reason I still have the thing installed is that my wife gave it to me.:banghead:

Back