Double Dins anymore?

CobraXP

Just another White X
Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake City
Year, Model & Trim Level
Early 97 X
Does anyone (but me) run double dins anymore? I've got an old Alpine I am running now, but it was before MP3, etc, etc. (Showing my age :rolleyes: )

The only one I find is the Eclipse AVN5435. Any comments on it or anyone have any suggestions? Before we get too far - I'm only looking for double dins. I know there are plenty of single dins out with pop out screens, but I prefer a double din personally...

TIA...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello David, long time no hear. Yes, I like the bigger factory buttons myself.
I hunted two years ago for a unit which could be controlled with my factory steering wheel. I decided to settle for the factory Premium HU, and add amplifiers/speakers. Good luck,
Don

Thanks Don. With 40 looks and one reply, I take it the Eclipse I mentioned or an OEM unit is all that is out there for double dins. Although the more I look at the AVN5435, I do like it and the features it has and can control. Might be just what I am looking for.

The plan is to take the Alpine and changer in there now and put in it in my Ranger, then get something like the Eclipse for the head unit, new changer, 4 channel for the front and rears, and something for the 10" in the back. Then I'm putting screens in the back of the seats with a DVD for those.

h113DDX7015-o_open.jpg

h113DDX7015-f.jpg

h113DPX4070-f.jpg

Thanks Kelly and Splashman! :thumbsup:

I looked on Pioneer's site, but missed their's... :rolleyes:

Gives me something to work off of...

I thought the 95-97 were "fake" double din? I think I remember seeing something about it having a slant.

?

Back