• Register Today It's free!

DPFE Sensor Hose Size?

ExcursionMJ

Reaction score
City, State
IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Excursion
Hello everyone! My younger brother just started driving and I took his explorer for a drive the other day to see how it was running before winter. Wouldn't you know, I have the DPFE sensor problem? So, my question is, what size hose do I need to get to go with it? I am buying a motorcraft egr valve pressure feedback sensor, but it doesn't come with the hoses. The only option I see listed on the website I am buying from is this:
Standard Motor Products:
EGR PRESSURE FEEDBACK HOSE; High Temperature Hose Replaces Faulty OE Units; Notes: Hoses Only; Hole Size - mm: 3.5 mm; 6 mm; Contents: 2 DPFE Hoses

Will those work for the motorcraft egr valve pressure sensor? Link to the hoses is here: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3763716&cc=1377660

Motorcraft part number here: MOTORCRAFT Part # DPFE4 {#4U7Z9J460AA}

Explorer is a 4x4 XLT with the V6 regular gasoline.

Thanks for your help. I've searched like crazy on the forums, with no mention of the hose size needed. Want to be sure before I order the wrong stuff.

I'd just snip off a short section of old hose and head into Advance Auto (or your fav parts store) and match it with some fuel line hose. Thats what I did.

Back