Drain hole missing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drain hole missing?

npereza

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
hey all, just purchased an 02 explorer xlt. I noticed the floor was wet and checked behind the carpet. I saw the end of the drain hose for the sunroof was just sitting on top of the wires on the passnger side door. I looked at the drivers side and their is a hole in the floor board and that drains the drivers side. I cant find any hole or drain section on the passenger side in the floor board.

Is their someone where else the passenger side drains into?

can I just drill a hole in the floor board like the drivers side to drain the passenger side?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does anyone see anything problamatic with drilling a hole in the floor board?

I don't see a problem with it as long as it is sealed properly.
But where did the drain hole go that this originally went into? I would try and find where it was in the first place and try and feed it back there. Just my opinion.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Hey thanks for the reply. I have been looking now for over an hour to see where the old drain hole went but I cannot find a thing. unless its either not there due to manufacturer error or its behind the fender. Ill run to the hardware and grab a drill bit large enough. Ill post back tomorrow. Its suppose to rain so I can see if it worked out well. Thanks again.

Drilled a 1/2" hole last night and she is draining perfectly OUT of the car lol. Thanks again.

Glad it worked out.
Thank you for the update, it helps others out when they search the forum for their same problem.

On my 02 Explorer eddie bauer the Sun Roof drians are right by the door hinges cant miss them.

I'm gonna check and if it is their ill kick myself in the head for putting a hole in my floorboard... haha well hole or no hole better than a wet harness anyways I guess. I'll post back to confirm if the missing hole is their. Thanks for posting!

Back