• Register Today It's free!

Drip from hoses

cowpusher

Reaction score
City, State
Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
2011 dripping water from 1 of 4 hoses behind the left rear wheel. They are located outboard of the muffler going up into the body. Two hoses go from metal to rubber .The other two are metal with some kind of junction block just before going into the body and are part way wrapped with insulation .
Anyone know what they are for? No leak until after the dealer replaced the left rear shock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2011 dripping water from 1 of 4 hoses behind the left rear wheel. They are located outboard of the muffler going up into the body. Two hoses go from metal to rubber .The other two are metal with some kind of junction block just before going into the body and are part way wrapped with insulation .
Anyone know what they are for? No leak until after the dealer replaced the left rear shock.
At first I thought it was from the A/C but that dripping is not at the back. Is it clear water or could it be windshield washer fluid? I'm not sure how that gets from the front to the back. In any case, if it didn't leak before the work was done, I'd take it right back to the dealer.

Peter

The rear AC condenser drips back just before the bumper on the driver side in mine.

You have the rear Climate control, HVAC system, right? Hot and humid day in TN? It's probably your rear AC condensation drain. Normal.

You have the rear Climate control, HVAC system, right? Hot and humid day in TN? It's probably your rear AC condensation drain. Normal.
Bill, I didn't realize it was 2 separate systems. I thought the rear just worked off the main unit but you are right.
I checked Fordparts.com and they seem to be separate systems.
But cowpusher mentioned that this drip didn't begin until after the rear shock was replaced. I guess confirmation that the rear HVAC was ON would be needed to see if that is what it could be.

Peter

There are two metal oval pieces app 1/2 " thick that connects the metal hoses just before they enter the body. The water is on top of one of the pieces then dripping off. The other two hoses going into the same partf the body are metal into rubber then into the body.
She has ran the rear air all summer and it hasn't dribbled before . It is always parked on concrete so we would have noticed. Might just have to get it some depends . :D

Weird, I just looked under my truck at this today, I also thought the AC would drip from the front but wasn't sure. I could tell that it wasn't dripping from the end of the muffler so I looked (wanting to make sure there wasn't a crack in the mufler or something) and it was coming from some silver tubing behind the driver side rear wheel. I didn't examine it too much as I was in a parking lot and didn't want to spend a bunch of time hunched under the car, and I forgot about it when I got home...from what I rember the tubes were wet like there was condensation on them, not like they were leaking from a crack...I don't know anything about cars, is that how it would normally drip (like condensation?) if it was from the AC?

ETA: and yes I had the rear air on.

is that how it would normally drip (like condensation?) if it was from the AC?

ETA: and yes I had the rear air on.

Yes, that is near the rear A/C compressor. So just like you have condensation in the front from under the hood, when you run the rear A/C you will get drips from the area where the rear A/C is.

Yes, that is near the rear A/C compressor. So just like you have condensation in the front from under the hood, when you run the rear A/C you will get drips from the area where the rear A/C is.

Thanks, that's what I figured! :cool:

Back