Driver Seat not moving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver Seat not moving

AMR1019

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT. The Driver's seat does not move forward/backward. Something got jammed underneath. The left side moves but the right side by console does not budge. I would like to know if this is a dealer only fix or can it be fixed without a dealer visit. The right side moves but the right side by console was not. Pictures attached.

Screenshot_20181210-084620_Gallery.jpg

Resized_20181209_211544_3140.jpeg

Resized_20181209_211537_9514.jpeg

Resized_20181210_131651_8691.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't tell for sure, but as long as your seat track isn't damaged and it's just the motor/connection to the seat track that isn't working/broke, it looks like you may just need Motorcraft MM1100 (w/programmable driver seat) or MM1101 (w/o programmable driver seat). About $100 and a few hours labor.
mm1101_1.jpg

Back to my normally confused state. How man right sides are there? I thought it only had front, back, left and right sides. Have you tried raising the seat as high as it will go and the trying the front/back movement? What is that in the 4th picture?

Peter

My apologies for the typo. The left side wants to budge and move but the right side next to console does not. Seat was raised up and down still does not work. The 4th picture is the from the motor on the right side. It would keep spinning when trying to move. Contacted 1 dealer they said 1,000 to fix it. Another is saying a part is $170 or to get a seat frame from junkyard.

Are there any manuals on how these are taken apart?

Have a look here; 2016 XLT driver seat removal
BTW, the first linked video, does eventually get to the removing part.:) I just don't know if the 2011 setup is the same. Looks like you have to move the seat all the way forward first.

Peter

Any update??

Back