driveshaft length

CheapThrillEX

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville, MI (Gun Lake)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Sport
so i have a 93 EX sport, manual, 4x4, about 5-6 inches of lift in rear

my driveshaft is just a inch or two to short, lots of splines showing and i have popped it out a few times off-road

does anybody know if the a4LD shaft is longer or shorter then the mazda driveshaft in the sports?

i know i could just get mine lengthened, but the cost of that versus a used shaft or getting one shortened is about $50-$75 in my area,

my wifes driveshaft in her stock 93 4 dr Auto is about 7-10 inches longer then my stock shaft in my Sport

Why not get a driveshaft out of a 4 door and just shorten it? I've been present while guys make a trail repair just like that. They just grinded off the weld that held the joint, and put it on another shaft....you could just shorten the 4 door shaft and then replace the end?

simularly i have a sport 2x4 however after 5 spd to auto swap shaft lenth was not there i took a 4 door 4x4 shaft with slip yolk and cut about 2 inches off the slip part of yolk installed and works really nice about 10 dollars from pick a part for the shaft. and a good saws-all blade lol

Back