driveshaft questions

BonesDT

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4
i am having trouble finding a place around the NE that will lengthened driveshafts for the superlift. i have the sport and understand that both shafts should be lengthened. exactly how much longer should they be? how long are they now? besides superlift making the front one, can i purchase replacement front and rear shafts that are slightly longer anywhere else?

to save costs temporarily, would i just be able to remove the front driveshaft all together, and just drive strictly as a 2wd? BTW, i have the auto 4wd system.

i was looking in a mustang magazine and noticed ads for aluminum driveshafts for less than $200! how come the front from superlift goes for $400 alone???

im guessing the shafts only have to be lengthened an inch or so. ive seen pics of a show truck that had dual U joints on each end. is there an adapter i could just add on myself? for peace of mind, i would like to know that i can replace my whole suspension back to factory. im guessing the only thing that is really permanent would be the lengthened shafts. can you remove the 4" superlift but still drive ok with the longer shafts in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure about anything with your X but I can give you a link for custom built drivelines. He can do anything with anything.

Dead Link Removed

i looked at the site. what kind of drivelines do we have? how do drivelines go, by length, or by kind of car, or what?

They go by length and size of u-joint. If all you want is it lengthened then I would call your local driveline shop or try to find one nearby. Hi angle makes new drivelines, not sure if they lengthen.

Back