Dual Exhaust on ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Exhaust on ST

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a lot of shops will argue if its doable. it is but its definitely a custom deal. also many dual kits sold require the removal of the spare from under the truck

I'm sure I'll find a shop especially where I'm from...I'm just concerned about how it will sound...i have a single in and single out 40 series with my resonator i guess it's called in and the sound barely increased so I'm hoping for better with this new exhaust....but removing the spare isn't a problem i already took out a seat and had to take out my jack to fit some subs in my truck haha:p

well if you want the v-8 sound the closest you can get is the set up midnightrebel did.

randomtech y-pipe is what gave him the best results

I have a delta 40 on mine and the resonator removed and it's definitely a lot louder than stock both at idle and if you jump on it but quieter while cruising. I'd take out the resonator first if you just want to upgrade for the sound. It makes a big difference.

If you want just the sound, remove the resonator and it'll open it up alot. I've had different flow masters on mine but they all rusted out within two years and they had a horrible droan to them. Switch to Magnaflow and it sounds awesome now. My exhaust consist of stock exhaust manifolds, Random Tech pre-cat delete y-pipe and high flow cat (biggest difference), Magnaflow 2.5" in dual 2.5" out with 2.5" pipes out the sides behind the tires. If you want cheap good sounding duals then Heartthrob makes a dual cat back system for really cheap, it has the exhaust tips that double as mufflers. Try removing the resonator first and replacing it with a piece of pipe and see how you like it before diving into a complete custom dual exhaust, jmo.

Awesome thanks alot guys yeah I've always wanted to run duals out the back of my ST and now that i have money i can finally do it... Just looking around though first

Oh and quick question if i went with the 2.5" would i have to change my whole piping or will it fit just fine in the stock piping i will be using?

You'd just have to get an adapter from 2.25"to 2.5" or if you have it custom made by a shop they can use a tube expander to just make the stock pipe into the adapter.

I have the super 40 with a side exit right behind the passenger rear door I can try and make a video of it when I get my truck back from the shop just so you can get an idea of muffler with no resonator to my exhaust is still Kind of quiet

Based upon these comments I went to random technology's website and all I see is reference to is cats, not y pipes, I can't seem to send them a message either, I gave them my email address and they say "need to have a email address" its weird

Get in touch with either George C. or Todd Z. Over on www.mysporttrac.com. They run the site and Zabteck Technologies which is a dealer for Random tech.

Back