CCr's picture progress thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCr's picture progress thread

Yikes! Stay safe... see ya in a few hours!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went out and checked it today, it seems to have cured a little more making the tan less obvious, it also seems to be sticking better, we'll see when I drive a prairie trail with a lotta grass, see if it rubs off the front.

did some mudding tonight and found out that the undercoat indeed does come off easily with a pressure washer. I will be removing it and doing bedliner. I just hope that I can make the bedliner stick well enough. the undercoating did not come off with a lot of prairie grass hitting it, so it may have worked better had I prepared the surface better, but I doubt it. either way it's coming off. I also tinted my tails and front blinker/running lights. pics when I get back to work.

What is that undercoat made from?? Good thing it can be removed...

What is that undercoat made from?? Good thing it can be removed...

"contains petroleum distillates and Methyl alcohol" that's all it says.

VHT nightshaded taillights. sorry it's a bit dirty it rained the day before and it sat on a dusty rig location for 2 weeks.

tintedtails001.jpg

tintedtails002.jpg

all these taillight pics are taken in a poor light situation with flash on and flash off.

taillights
tintedtails004.jpg

tintedtails005.jpg

backup lights
tintedtails006.jpg

tintedtails007.jpg

Brake lights, 3rd light not tinted
tintedtails008.jpg

tintedtails009.jpg

parking lights at night, sorry no day pics yet. not until I rid myself of the ugly chrome grille.
tintedtails010.jpg

yep, one of my blinker lights burnt out, I have a new one ready to put in.
tintedtails011.jpg

new update! bumpers, roof rack, and newlicense plate. and the grille is no longer chrome. bumpers are covered in herculiner.
zapvx3.jpg

almostdone2.jpg

I really like how your tail lights turned out but not to sure on the turn signals. In the pic you posted at night you can't really see them on the drivers side on at all. And I know they get brighter when the blinker functions. Maybe take it down and put less coats on the sides. Or get the black headlights.

I have a light out. otherwise it's the same as the passenger side. I've been thinkin about tinted headlights but I'd wanna see them in action first. I have to do a lot of driving thru deer country.

Paint the wheels black!
Also sooner or later, you gonna need to get bigger tires to COMPLETE the look you are after.

I know, 30 inch super swampers came in at the right price of $55 a piece. so they are next, then I gotta go with 33's. and I want black soft 8's. just waiting on the money. oilfield is slowing down now so I have less cash.

Excellent! Any particular tire in mind? How about a trim around the bumper, just thin enough for it to stand out more... (sides and bottom)

the rims I want are just soft 8's. the tires I'm getting are super swamper radials. what do you mean for the bottom bumper trim?

ok, so the super swampers have made it to fargo and are with a buddy of mine. delivery xmas eve by way of my bro in law. the soft 8's were just ordered from summit, be at home in a few days woohoo!!!

no new pics yet, but the roof rack is gone. I was bouncing down an unplowed gravel road, with snow drifts and stuff, and the heavy roof rack and tire broke the cross beams and tore up my roof. hope to post pics soon when I get internet at home.

are those bumpers custom made or did you buy them?

are those bumpers custom made or did you buy them?

custom. my brother in law and I almost killed each other working on them so they will never be duplicated. luckily they are 6 inchx1/2 inch channel iron mostly, so they'll never rust thru during my lifetime, much less the lifetime of the Zapv.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

update: still no net at home. might have to do some cell phone pics. rolled it rock crawling. 1 full roll, back onto the tires, drove out. busted out a few windows so I said fukit and took the doors off. its way fun now!!! also took it mudding doorless. hoods currently off. picked up 4 hood pins.

:edit: bought an 05 silver xlt.

Back