rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
I got two series 40 Flowmasters real cheap. Used but only about I month old. I'm thinking of running dual exhaust back. Has anyone done this? I think the problem would be on the driver side with the front driveshaft. I would like to know how to route the pipes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why?
dual exhaust under a BII is a waste of space, if you do have true duals you will still want to make a H or X pipe so thats tricky too.
It can be done for sure, but IMO duals are for full size trucks and muscle cars, not short wheel base trail rigs.
Less weight, less clearnace issues underneath, less crap to get bashed up, more ground clearance, easier to skid plate, less heat protection, more room for working under the truck, easier to tuck up against the floor, etc but hey thats just me :p

It would be neat to see what you come up with though hahaha
what oil pan is on your 5.0L? I assume the dual sump Ford unit?
You can bend around the D shaft similar to a Y pipe for a 4.0L, espescially with your smallish C4 bellhousing, take both pipes to the pass side is the best way to get around the D shaft.....but then you are stuck with two mufflers on one side, and then you have to get over/around the rear axle, or dump in front of the rear tires.....

If my truck did not need to be street legal, I would dump through the quarter panel right in front of my pass side rear tire, getting rid of all that extra pipe over the 8.8...single 3" out for torque on a 5.0L :)

How modified is your 5.0L internally?

Yea I thought that it would get real crowded under there with two mufflers. But may try anyway to see what i can come up with. Not mentioning the battery box hanging down. Once I get the tranny and transfer case back in I'll see what I can do. May have to go with two pipes going into one muffler and one pipe out. If I can do the two mufflers I want an H or X pipe crossover for scavaging of cylinders and sound. Don't want it to sound like to loud 4 bangers.
I have another C4 tranny comming just incase the other is too far gone.

About the 302. Starting with the carb, it is Holloy's Truck avenger 400 somethng CFMs with relocated floats and other goodies for Off-roading. That's on a single plane non-emission Edelbrock manifold for low end torque. Once the air passes thru that then it goes into the Edelbrock Performer heads with large valves and not so large intake and exhaust runners for low end torsque. Which has Comp Cams roller rockers.
The air is exhausted thru L&L headers. The bumpstick is a mildy aggresive aftermarket cam for quick responce and low end torque. 1500 to 5000 rpm range. The block is bored out .030 with stock stroke. The pistons are nothing fancy, but have small flycuts to accomadate large valves. Since this engine won't see really high rpms I went with cast pistons and $$ played a part also in selection. And yes the oil pan is Fords dual sump pan.

Just got back from Battery Mart and as the name implies it sells batteries and any thing to do with batteries and charging system. They are ordering two gell filled batteries for me to look at. Under no obligation to buy. Wether I go with them depends on what the specs are. May post pics and specs when I see them. They are around $80.00 each. Forgot the name brand. But they can also get me the isolater and make up all the wiring I need for grounding staps, to starter and anything else.

mines a 2.9(for now)

87 y pipe
MVC-009S.jpg

MVC-006S-1.jpg

duals.jpg

movedmuffs.jpg

Realduals.jpg

MVC-003S-1.jpg

That is a sharp looking dual exhaust. Correct me if am wrong. You have the small H pipe right after the driver side comes down over to the pass. side. Then both pipes go to somekind of flange. did you make that flange? Then both run back along pass side and then driver side exhaust crosses back over at end of transfer case to driver side, and then both over axels. Nice B11 :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting those pics :thumbsup:

the y pipe is a stock 86/87 one(they changed in 88)
439855.jpg
which i might to use when i put a 302 in it. I cut the flange off a old one and turned it around so it would bolt the the y pipe.

??????????? :confused:

Back