• Register Today It's free!

Duff extended rad arms

4LB2

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 Bronco II
So I was going to install these the other day but I imediately ran into a problem.
The arms need to mount about 3-4" further back than the tranny x-member and since the rad arm mounts double as the x-member mounts i'm screwed.
Duff didn't list any break in the years that this would fit on their site. They just list 4x4 or 4x2 bronco so even though my tranny is a C5 out of an 84 bronco II it should still work. I will call them on Tuesday (I'll be too busy on Monday) but anybody have any advice?
Also if I have to return them what do you think the chances are that they will cover the shipping since this is their mistake?
-James

Well the skyjacker kit is the same kind of design. They supply a new X crossmember that the arms connect too. I would assume the duff arms need a new cross member support bracket as well.

Well I sat here stearing at the picture of the kit on the duff site trying to figure out what the hell i'm gonna do and I think I thought of something.
If I swap the driverside over to the passenger side and vice-versa then I could mount the x-member backwards which is offset by about 1-2" I believe (parts aren't here so can't measure). They did include a metal plate that was supposed to be an addapter for one of the other trannies being used which may just give me the rest of the length I need. Anyways I'm must thinking outloud now.
-James

Back