dumb light bulb question lol... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dumb light bulb question lol...

hey guys i just bought some new tail lights on ebay clear altezza's tail lights
anyway since they are clear and the brake lights need to be red i need a red bulb....cant find one lol. anyone know where i can find one online or if they are even made? i got the turnsignals covered just got the amber bulb, cant find anywhere down town that has a red 3157 lol thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone?

Walmart sells tint spray. It's by the model cars. They also sell red bulbs. Not too hard to find. If you can't find them... good luck putting them in.

on Ebay you´ll find different types of LED-lights in amber, red and white. Don´t know if they´re legal.

ya i found a ton of them on ebay and ya they are LED's no they are not technically legal for some reason. my walmart didnt have any red bulbs. anyawy had to go out of town and i found some at advance auto parts. regular red 3157's not the LED's and even these said for temporary off road use. not for use on public roads and highways check local laws and ordinances beore using them as tempoary show lights. they had the led's too im sure they said the same thing. but anyway i bought the incandecant ones and i dont care if they are leagal or not, im still using them lol

I got some red light bulbs at my local Pepboys.

I think the reason they say on the package that they are for off road use only is because they think the bulbs are going to be used as turn signals which is illegal. I put blue ones in the front of my Explorer any way. My police in my town don't really enforce it that much. Put the red tail lights in. They might fade to pink or white in a few weeks then you will have to just replace the bulb. You might be better off sending the tail lights back and buying some with the red lens on the tail lights already.

Back