Dyno Tune Results | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dyno Tune Results

i just realized that i have the same drivetrain gears and all as you lazz, so i'm sorta looking forward to getting some numbers. I hope you gett it all worked out, kinda depressing to see those numbers when others are saying they are stock. we just might see what stock is here in a few weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doubt Incarnate I'd be anxious to see what #'s you come up with stock. As I said I had done mine stock (no mods) and came up with : HP 157 Tq 188 .... everyone had said mine was low also.

icepounder said:
Doubt Incarnate I'd be anxious to see what #'s you come up with stock. As I said I had done mine stock (no mods) and came up with : HP 157 Tq 188 .... everyone had said mine was low also.
With 205 H.P and 215 TQ, OEM crank, your RW numbers are normal with no mods.
Thought you posted some numbers awhile back with an SCT tune?

Good memory spindlecone. I did post the after #'s .. they were before mods HP157 TQ188 and after mods HP174 TQ201. I never did get to check it out on the dyno with the 93 program .... maybe this summer ! :D

icepounder said:
Good memory spindlecone. I did post the after #'s .. they were before mods HP157 TQ188 and after mods HP174 TQ201. I never did get to check it out on the dyno with the 93 program .... maybe this summer ! :D
With your mods, nothin wrong with those numbers, still alot of room left for more.

spindlecone I don't see any of your mods in your signature. What are some of the mods you have done ? I'm always looking for ideas ! :D

icepounder said:
spindlecone I don't see any of your mods in your signature. What are some of the mods you have done ? I'm always looking for ideas ! :D
Because sigs have a space limitation :D
My perf mods are: SCT tune By Wayne Foy.
All syn fluids
E-Fan, Mac intake with custom ducting, Ported throttle body, ASP underdrive.
Short catback exhaust system (24 inchs, side exhaust) offroad Y-Pipe,75mm pro-m maf, and some other small things.
Oh and 103 octane with a tune to make it work when I wanna play :eek:
Oh also mine is a very rare LXR edition, they were only made for export to Nepal. ;)

Attachments

• Mvc-032s.jpg
    Mvc-032s.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 254

Nice spindlecone !! :thumbsup:

Mine has to be a daily driver, kids transport, off roader and ice machine. :confused:
Here's a pic coming off the ice on Schroon Lake, NY :

Schroon_Lake_plate_fix.jpg

Nice ice
You can actually drive on lakes?how do you do that without sinking?
Since easter is upon us, reminds me of a joke.
Just prior to Jesus departing to the great beyond, ST Peter asks him, Before you go can you please teach me how to walk on water.
So they rent a paddle boat and go out in the sea of Gallilee.
Jesus says, okay pete, watch carefully, so he steps off the boat and sinks.
Swims back to the boat, pete says what happend jesus, it did not work,Wazzup.
Jesus looks down and says:Dunno, must be these holes in my feet:(

spindlecone said:
Nice ice
You can actually drive on lakes?how do you do that without sinking?

That's why there's air in the tires ! :eek:
Seriously you have to know the ice before driving on. Good, clear black ice void of bubbles is the best. Even with this I wait for about 16" or better.
Milky, white or refrozen looking ice is not safe.
It's best to know the body of water because you may encounter areas with natural springs which can vary the ice thickness. You can go from 16" of good ice to 6" in a matter of feet. The same goes for inflows and outflows such as rivers entering a lake.
Another thing I avoid is parking near other vehicles ... I see this alot. I don't like to concentrate to much weight in one area.
You'll probably never need this info but it's nice to know ! ;)

wow, driving on ice, sounds scary... i have a hard enough time keeping the ice frozen in my soda.

icepounder said:
That's why there's air in the tires ! :eek:
Seriously you have to know the ice before driving on.
You'll probably never need this info but it's nice to know ! ;)
Thx for the response, will never need the info true, but is always good to learn,
Question, how thick do's the ice need to be to support say a loaded 6K lb Ex?

spindlecone said:
Thx for the response, will never need the info true, but is always good to learn,
Question, how thick do's the ice need to be to support say a loaded 6K lb Ex?

The recommended for a medium size pickup truck is 12". My Sport is heavier so I could go with 14" but I opt to wait for 16" ... it's safer. Again this is on good, black and clear ice !!
Yours should be fine on 16" but you should probably hold out for 18". As I said mine is a little over 5K and I'm carrying about 200-300 lbs of gear.
Another thing I should bring up is speed on ice ... take it slow. You're virtually frictionless on ice when applying brakes. You will will slide and donut a good 100 feet or so. It's nice to have a coating of snow on the ice.
Another reason to take it slow is wave action under the ice. A study was done that proves a vehicle moving on ice can produce movement of water below it. The faster you go the greater the water movement below. This is not necessarily dangerous unless you're approaching a pressure heave (crack).

:D

California...Florida??! Living in Northern Wisconsin growin up...driving on ice was commonplace! They actually built a road across the Chequamegon Bay (Lake Superior) from Ashland to Washburn/Bayfield...cuts the driving time in 1/2!

Jordan23

Thx for the info Ice, had a 1/8 of ice on the birdbath this winter, thats about it for us.
I do go Ice fishing in the sierras, we auger thru about 10 inches, the ice creaks when you walk on it, not good to drive on I would think.
Was a great program a few mos back on the history channel (modern machines)
About huge semis hauling oil rig equip across a frozen lake in canada.
Like a huge 100 miles across lake.
They said the lake freezes at times about 8 ft deep, was interesting in that the trucks had to be spaced several miles apart because they set up wave action under the ice.
Hard to imagine

Yes! I believe I've seen the same special! I'd had to be in the convoy that preceeded the rule of spacing the trucks miles apart, however!! :eek:

Back