Another Dyno Run

Lazzman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport 4wd- V6 Sohc
Well I had my X in a different shop again for a dyno run. This time I installed a new 190lph fuel pump and assembly.

The shop drilled a hole in my exhaust tube so they could accurately measure a/f ratio. I am told this is the best way to measure as opposed to the sensor in the tailpipe. It is supposedly much better to measure the a/f before the cats do there thing. It only cost $40 for the bung hole and plug, so I had it installed.

Best numbers with the front drive shaft disconnected were 168hp and 212lb torque at the rear wheels. Not bad but short of what I think the truck can make and much better than my 155hp run last month. Fuel ratio was a bit rich at 12:1 so I may have it leaned by the guy who put in the Diablo chip.

Anyhow the power graph showed a super sharp drop in hp and torque at 4800rpm. The Tech thought it might be clogged cats, so we measured back pressure and sure enough the gauge read way high nearly 6psi at 2900rpm under no load.

I am looking to install a set of Magnaflow Cats at $150 a piece. None the less my next step is to leave the truck with my tuner and let him check it out for a few days as I still have a cut out when the truck is at idle. He thinks it may either be the alternator or crank position sensor.

I am up to $2600 in bills since September I hope I get this worked out soon.

Back