• Register Today It's free!

Early 07 mods

kyledanner

Reaction score
City, State
Ely, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
I have been having a hard time finding anything to help with performance and gas mileage for my truck. Does anyone know of anything that I could add that would help? I am interested in chips, filter systems...or anything that will help. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kyle:

I agree. There's not much to choose from out there. After selecting a few items from the quite small Ford accessories catalog, I, too, am at a loss for performance mods. Good luck!

The only thing I've found in my diggings are the KKM and K&N cold air tubes, and a tuner from many sources (dyno tune preferred). Magnaflow makes an exhaust kit, but I doubt there's any performance to be had from it.

As far as increasing gas mileage significantly and consistently, good luck. A turbo or supercharger will do it, but you'd have to drive your newly efficient toy like a baby to get it. I wouldn't be able to keep my foot out of it.

I've got a Zabteck throttle body and Magnaflow kit so far. I've got the tunes from BamaChips for my ST, but my XCal2 messed up, so I have to have it reprogrammed before I can put the tunes in it for the ST.

I don't see much else out there unless you want to start getting into the Mustang 3V parts, which isn't a bad idea, but can be costly.

For me, I am looking at changing the gears out and going to a 3.73 instead of the 3.55's. Right now, that is what is killing me because my city driving is so predominant.

Gibson has an exhaust for the '07+ also, I'm probably going to get one.

For me, I am looking at changing the gears out and going to a 3.73 instead of the 3.55's. Right now, that is what is killing me because my city driving is so predominant.

I have an '08 V8 and would love either a 3.73 or 4.10 gear. Are gearsets avaliable for the later IRS Tracs? I want to do this also.

I hope when the new Adrenalin is released, FoMoCo will release a supercharger kit similar to what they sell for the 3V Mustang for the V8 Tracs, '07 and later. The prototype Adrenalin was supercharged, I hope this is made available.

A supercharged 4.6 3V Trac with a 4.10 gear, yes, I'll take one.

The new Sport Trac Adrenalin will come with the same V8 as all other 2007+ Sport Tracs, it will only have "look fast" goodies, maybe later.

Check out this thread full of rookies! Kyle, I think your best bet is programming for now. You can get any muffler shop to bend you up a custom exhaust, find yourself an intake setup that you like, and then get your computer reflashed. search this site for henson performance.

I also have Zabtech's enlarged throttle body. I also installed the KKM air filter and the Magnaflow catback system. I swapped the tires for BFG All-Terrain T/A's in 265/65/R18 on the stock Limited wheels and then used an Xcal2 with programming from Bamachips to correct the speedo and added their performance tune. Haven't gained too much in mpg but the fun factor has gone way up which is probably why the mpg's haven't. I'm very happy with the sound and throttle response. :D

The exhaust is always worth swapping out. The stock setup robs power by design to be quieter, so anything increasing flow will add power. Adding a catback to a stock Mustang makes a difference so why wouldn't it on an Explorer/ST, with a worse stock setup?

Also, going from 3.55's to 3.73's isn't worth the price of the install. You won't notice much difference. Go w/ 4.10's or 3.92's....

I really like what blksn8k, did by installing 265/65 18's ( saw your pic's, they are awesome)with the Limited rim's. My stock Mich's are almost gone at 34kk and will be upsizing to the 265's. Maganaflow catback made a big difference in performance and sounds excellent:thumbsup:. K&N air filter is also good. I saw a K&N intake package at their wbbsite for our vehicule. Looks nice but cost $$. I havent been able to find any after market shocks or other stuff yet! Hopefully soon:rolleyes:
Mr.C

Back