Easy entry/exit feature | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy entry/exit feature

Reaction score
City, State
Gadsden, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer Platinum
Each time I enter the driver side I really have to bend my head down to prevent bumping it on the upper door frame. I can lower the seat manually to prevent. What I’d like to know is there a way to program the seat position at a lower position when Easy entry/exit is enabled?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Each time I enter the driver side I really have to bend my head down to prevent bumping it on the upper door frame. I can lower the seat manually to prevent. What I’d like to know is there a way to program the seat position at a lower position when Easy entry/exit is enabled?
Do you keep the seat in that lowered position when you drive or just when getting in? Have you tried the seat memory feature? Being that I'm the only driver, the Easy Entry/Exit feature is the first thing I turn OFF in my vehicles.

Peter

Do you keep the seat in that lowered position when you drive or just when getting in? Have you tried the seat memory feature? Being that I'm the only driver, the Easy Entry/Exit feature is the first thing I turn OFF in my vehicles.

Peter
I do not drive with the lower position. Yes I do use seat memory feature.

I do not drive with the lower position. Yes I do use seat memory feature.
Thanks. If you lower the seat before getting out, does the Easy Entry/Exist feature raise it back up when you prepare to get in or does it stay lowered?

Peter

As Peter would say :)

From Page 151 of the owner's manual:

Easy Entry and Exit Feature If you enable the easy entry and exit feature, it moves the driver seat position rearward up to 2 in (5 cm) when you switch the ignition off. The driver seat returns to the previous position when you switch the ignition on.

So, unfortunately, it won't go down.

Sorry Birmingham, I know this is not the answer you were looking for.

The only thing that comes to mind is programming button 3 to a lower setting, but that in itself becomes such a hassle to do it every time you get in and out.

Jay

Back