Easy trick for replacing front diffy fluid? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy trick for replacing front diffy fluid?

That is true, I didn't even think about the differances befor I opened my big mouth, sorry.

JAY

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Jay, you needed to open your big mouth because it may have applied to mine too. I would have done it if I could and I think it's a great idea.

Jay,

I for one am glad that you opened your big mouth as you say...I have been trying to figure out how to get the fluied out of my front diff for the past 6 months. I don't know that it needs changing, but in two years since I have owned the vehicle, I haven't changed it and I don't think the previous owner did either. I think that 6 years with the same fluid is long enough..don't you guys?

Thanks again Jay.

------------------
Big Dave
'94 XLT 4x4
modified air box
K&N airfilter
"Take her easy, and if she's easy take her twice.." (The trail I mean..)

Gerald,
I liked hearing about your river crossing, but do u have any mods to your air intake??? I recently went on a rally that had some deep water crosings, one of which was trim panel deep (unfortunately my seals werent as good..a little muddy water never hurt anybody though). Anyway,Ive been thinking fo trying to mod my air intake because in the past Ive gotten water in my intake which caused an explorer meltdown for anywhere from 5-10 minutes till it dried out. Thanks for any info you may have!
Matt
92' EB w/Boom

Hi guys, Thought you might be interested in a solution to the dust/water in your diffs.
I took about 15' of hose, a "T" connection and ran this extended hose along the frame and zip tied it to my wiper motor (no way are the diffs going to get water in them)
Hope this helps on your future water adventures...
Doug

Back