Eaton Supercharger | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eaton Supercharger

the older style ones off a t-bird will work but the best one to get is the new GEN with internal bybass that way you dont have to find room for the bybas later on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I'm sorry to say it but I think I'm passing on the supercharger. I just found a '90 Talon Tsi (AWD Turbo) for less than I can do the SC job, so I'm going to jump on it, and turn it into quite a street fighter. As I told you guys earlier, I just sold a '97 Eclipse GS-T (fwd Turbo) and am deeply missing it so it seems only natural that I buy another DSM to "play" with.

If anybody needs the information that Brian sent me you can email me at Godfather_Li@hotmail.com and I will foward it to you.

Still working on my 3" drop, and will know tomarrow if it is going to work or not...gotta love fab work :hammer: ;)
I'll try and take some pictures of what I'm doing so that those of you who are brave enough can give it a shot too.

I also am going to give up the supercharger. I figured after all it's done, it's going to be around 4k or so. I just don't know if it's worth it. And I'm with Godfather, I have a friend with a turbo 99 civic SI and man it's sweet. I think I'm going to get a 5th gen (92-95) civic hatchback, throw a B18C5 in there and run low 14s. That's like 6-8k depending on how much I get the car for. I'm going all out. There's this guy in Houston, TX with a black hatch that runs 10.9 in the quarter, geezus it's fast. Anyway, I've already started looking, so if anyone knows anyone with a hatch for sale, mileage doesn't matter, I'm all game. Email me at knytnwyte@aol.com, and we'll talk. :eek:) I'm keeping the X though and not abandoning it, so not to worry. :eek:) Later guys.

NO!!!!!
Don't get a Hon-Duh!!!!

You would be stupid to be buying a honda for the sole purpose of putting a turbo on it, and racing. Even if you find one for cheep enough, you will spen an equil amoutn buying the turbo (kit or not), and even more on the rest of the needed tuning additions. You are wasting your money trying to do this. My sugestion is to do something like I am doing, find a cheep turbo car (the DSM's are very strong cars, the 4G63 motor is probably the strongest 4 cylinder made), preferably AWD (for hard launches).

If you choose a DSM, the 4G63 can hold around 25psi with stock internals, and only minor fuel mods (this is on HIGH octane gas...100+) so this allows you to do intake, exhaust, larger turbo (i sugest a 20g, that's what I'm going to run), boost controller, a slight intercooler upgrade (a stock Toyota Supra side mount works nicely), and fuel management to easily be running low 13's to mid 12's (I've got a friend with a '95 talon tsi that rus 12's with the mods that i mentioned).

I'm only guessing but I think he is probably pushing around 400whp at 22psi boost on the stock motor/clutch/tranny, that's about double what you can do with a honda for around half the price.:bounce:

Hon-Duh's :shoot:

if you guys want we are not giving up on the explorer's going fast so you guys can race troll when you are done.

I have an Eaton M90 that I can take measurements off of but it won't be today. Maybe by the end of the week.

Originally posted by Troll
we have a vett at our shop for you to race that is bad @$$. it is a ZR1 with a 400 plus cubi inch motor for pump gas that should make 650 N/A and then has a wilson nos plate with 10 thousand dollar six speed special ZF race trans. the motor cost over 20 grand. thank god it is not my car because i would be living out of it. our mustang should make over 1000 hp it is designed to go 200 mph in less then a standing mile. so do you still want to race.

:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Hey Godfather, I just purchased a '95 GS-T Eclipse with 100k for $5000. The engine is in good condition, just old. The turbo spools pretty quickly, and man it's a pretty quick car. I like it alot. Just thought I'd thank you for writing all that, cause I went to read up them right after I read your post. Yes, they do have potential for cheap. I could get it into the 13s for like $1000 bucks. That's not bad.. not bad at all. Thanks again.

Wally

P.S. I'm selling my 9" K&N cold air filter and my JET module. Anyone want to buy, check out the for sale thread. Thanks.

:D Hey, hey, hey... :D

Congradulations, and welcome to the DSM family. You have my email addy so feel free to use it if you need any help with your new toy. Glad to hear that you are happy with the GS-T...see, I know what I'm talking about every once in a while ;)

One more thing...it is a 5 speed...right?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

5 speed..?

HA! Of course it's a 5 speed! Man it's pretty quick, and I love the feel of the turbo kicking in, and at max boost (I'd say around 4500-5000 RPMs, I don't really pay attention to the gay stock boost gauge that doesn't even have numbers on it) this mother pulls HARD! Anyway, yeah I'm having a few minor sounds coming in and out, nothing major, no leaks or anything. Turbo functions, just that when I start it, it makes this weird stratching sound. They said it was the starter disengaging slowly. Cause it goes away in a few seconds. Then when I started it again, I started to rev and there was this loud squeaking sound like the belts were dry. Soo.. I'm goign to go check it out. Anyway, 100k motor that's some huge mileage. Gotta be careful. Anyway, I'm out, talk to you guys later.

Good, I'm proud of you :D

The reason that I asked is b/c the Mitsu auto is crap. The factory shift points are set ant the times of peek boost therefore creating enourmous amounts of strain on an already week unit. Once you begin to create significant HP gains it becomes next to impossible to keep that tranny intact.

Again, good job, and I'm very glad that you are loving the car...btw, you race your friend with the turbo hon-duh yet, I bet you could almost beet him before you even do anything to it ;) (depending on what all he as done besides the turbo...but I bet you can take him)

:bounce:
Hon-Duh's:hammer: Now go beat up on some yourself :cool:

Back