ecu code and live stream readings. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ecu code and live stream readings.

silky

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 sport
I got a check engine light in 2 of my trucks so i bought an equus scanner that reads live streams and CEL codes. I plugged it in and it said I have a misfire on #2 and #5. Since I was getting a hesitation I decided to change the plugs. While doing so I noticed that the plug wire on the middle plug of the passenger bank was only losely connected. I fixed that, swapped the plugs and the engine runs smooth now.\

Problems...

The live streaming data indicates that all of my fuel trims are -100% and I am getting 0v on all of the o2 sensors. I am also getting 33% load at idle. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? The scanner works fine! I hooked it to my tahoe and it read fuel trims and 02 voltage perfectly.

oh, 1998 sport v6 sohc.

no one?

I am assuming that there is a problem with logging o2voltage and fuel trims on my truck but the load things is bugging me. Why would engine load be at 35% at idle?

I got a check engine light in 2 of my trucks so i bought an equus scanner that reads live streams and CEL codes. I plugged it in and it said I have a misfire on #2 and #5. Since I was getting a hesitation I decided to change the plugs. While doing so I noticed that the plug wire on the middle plug of the passenger bank was only losely connected. I fixed that, swapped the plugs and the engine runs smooth now.\

Problems...

The live streaming data indicates that all of my fuel trims are -100% and I am getting 0v on all of the o2 sensors. I am also getting 33% load at idle. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? The scanner works fine! I hooked it to my tahoe and it read fuel trims and 02 voltage perfectly.

oh, 1998 sport v6 sohc.

97s and 98 ex's have issues with OBD-2 live readings. There is nothing you can do except buy a scanner that reads extended data, like www.OBD-2.com.

Great! I buy a scanner which they say will work and it doesn't! Good think I have other vehicles I can sue it on.

I am just searching for the cause of poor gas mileage and power loss. Guess I will check the coolent temp sensors to see if they are on track.

Back