Eddie Bauer Leather Slip Covers

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I saw on E-Bay someone selling for 1 seat only a leather slip cover for the Eddie Bauer seats. Have yall seen these somewhere before? He said they are discontinued, are they? I thought they looked great, well actually would make your leather or cloth seats into new leather seats for a fraction of the cost. Knowing my luck though it is a discontinued item, like some of the floor mats I tried to get.
Let me know what you know about them,
Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright, I called Ford today and I can answer my own question. Maybe someone else here wanted to know this also. The leather seats in Explorers are just covers. I knew that. They can be replaced at any time with any combination. I believe he said the bottoms are all the same, except for the ones with leg extenders. The tops have "limited", "Eddie Bauer", and then the "Plain Ones" without a logo. They run right at $350 each piece to replace. That's not too bad if you want a "brand new seat" in my opinion. If you have cloth bucket seats that are powered and torn, you can make them into brand new leather seats for 700 each. I have seen them cost more. I may just replace the bottoms on mine, or get them and store them, cause they will be discontinued before long.

You can also go to a local upholstrey shop and have them custom made. Also Katzkin leathers makes covers for our seats. For $700+/- you can also pick up some late model leathers from a wrecker or auction and install them.

If I had my dreathers I would like to get a set of the Ford Motor Sports Limited Edition Leather covers, THOSE ARE SHARP!!

If you have a choice stay away from the perferated leather, (the little holes) because over time with wear they will begin to crack at the holes. Basically they wear out faster than the other styles...

I love my 97 EB power buckets, although I paid WAY to much for them, at the time I did not know any better.

What are the Ford Motor Sports Limited Edition Leather covers? Do you have a picture of them or a place to view them? Now you got my curiosity up. LOL.

If you get a FMS catalog you will see them, they are black, red, white abd blue.
Also VERY pricey :)
I have not had a FMS catalog in a year or so, so my info may be dated but I am sure they can still be located. They were targeted at Mustang owners but were avail for Explorer buckets.

Back