EFI 351 Cleveland into Gen 1? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EFI 351 Cleveland into Gen 1?

Here, I recommend Alan at Dirty Dog Performance. He know the 4R's very very well. He can build them for anything and is very helpful. You may be able to work something out. I bought some frictions from him when I needed some help and advice before. I'll go to him for my next torque converters, he knows how to build them from scratch and make them survive. Say hello for me, it's been over a year since then. Regards,

Alan at Dirty Dog Performance.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cheers Don,

Hey is there any similarities between say a BW 1350 transfer and the BW 1361 transfer? How about strength estimates?
I'm having a world of trouble with the LT230 landy transfer(taken the car back about 13 friggen times now!?!) and I think I'm going to switch back to the 1361.

Pete.

I cannot say at all about those, but ask 410fortune(Jaime) here about transfer cases. He's good at swapping most of the combinations, and is good about the 4WD parts available. Search for his threads here, with the name 410fortune.

new here but had some input on the conversion as well.
i got offered a cleveland for my mustang for a reasonable price awhile back and looked into them. There is a guy on the internet making conversion intakes to set up efi intakes on both cleveland headed windsors and windsor efi intakes on a cleveland, as well as the necessary ports for the distributor. If i can find the link i will post it. As mentioned by others its the usual debate of a great stock and modded engine with little part availability versus an ok stock motor with unbelievable aftermarket availability. As far as dimensionally, i think you'll have no more trouble then you would with the 351w.

new here but had some input on the conversion as well.
i got offered a cleveland for my mustang for a reasonable price awhile back and looked into them. There is a guy on the internet making conversion intakes to set up efi intakes on both cleveland headed windsors and windsor efi intakes on a cleveland, as well as the necessary ports for the distributor. If i can find the link i will post it. As mentioned by others its the usual debate of a great stock and modded engine with little part availability versus an ok stock motor with unbelievable aftermarket availability. As far as dimensionally, i think you'll have no more trouble then you would with the 351w.

That's good to hear of others working on Cleveland parts development.

The Cleveland heads should be more popular as time passes for projects, the Windsor block is the best for late model front dress and lower cost shortblocks. The only hold up has been intake selections, and the cost of aftermarket Cleveland heads. It's coming along still, very slowly.

I've heard there are now pro-comp aluminum heads for the Cleveland now as well, (i think they are the 2v style). Still looking for the site unfortunately, it was a year ago now so he may have gone belly up like everyone else.

All this being said i have a 383w going into my stang instead, i passed on the Cleveland for a few reasons (mainly the owing a favor to who was giving it to me)

Skip the Pro Comp products, they have been making and selling very bad copies of Edelbrock heads for many years. The people who have tried them have almost all regretted it. They are a bunch of bad Chinese made parts, stolen designs and even if they corrected things it should be avoided. That brand name should always represent the criminals we have nightmares about. Never buy them, even used, and even if they turn around their business practices.

The Pro Comp name should be black listed forever, it's to be forgotten.

Skip the Pro Comp products, they have been making and selling very bad copies of Edelbrock heads for many years. The people who have tried them have almost all regretted it. They are a bunch of bad Chinese made parts, stolen designs and even if they corrected things it should be avoided. That brand name should always represent the criminals we have nightmares about. Never buy them, even used, and even if they turn around their business practices.

The Pro Comp name should be black listed forever, it's to be forgotten.

i would usually agree. but in this case, i believe they are the only ones producing the heads and i read a write up in MMFF that was surprisingly supportive of the heads (although they even admitted to having to turn a blind eye to there business practices).

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c..._stroker_engine/aluminum_cleveland_heads.html

Very nice find, I've bookmarked that. I like those AP-33 pieces, those plates to fit any Windsor intake to a Cleveland 4V head on a Windsor block would be great to have.

I have adapter plates like the AP-30 of theirs, mine were about $100 in the early 80's. Regards,

i would usually agree. but in this case, i believe they are the only ones producing the heads and i read a write up in MMFF that was surprisingly supportive of the heads (although they even admitted to having to turn a blind eye to there business practices).

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c..._stroker_engine/aluminum_cleveland_heads.html

Don't follow the magazine advice, those guys are not in it for the power or us, just the circulation/money.

Find the SBFtech forum, that's where the serious Ford power knowledge is found. The resident cam guru there built a 794HP 347 just over a year ago, right before becoming very sick. God Bless him, and we need his skills at creating custom cams.

Start with the best parts, and center it around a custom cam made just for the heads etc.

thanks for the advise. Ive always found MMFF a bit dodgy but a little car **** is nice now and then, and i guess i'm a sucker for print. A cam can deffinatley make a big difference, and (coming from the full size world) i just cant imagine a 302 based build not being enough for these little things. If you really wanted to go crazy you could do a dart blocked 302 and stroke it to sizes you never thought possible. And if displacement is really your goal, why not a positive displacement blower?

You've been reading my posts then, or my mind. That's all on my list. I have a 2.2 liter KB blower ready to go.

Thanks again Ron,
Tried a PM to 419fortune but his mailbox is full.
I suppose I should stick with the topic:D
Trick flow has a cleveland intake coming out so, no need to do what Thomas did anymore( i notice his site is down btw).
Yes please don't mention Pro-Crap.

DSC_9774.jpg

You've been reading my posts then, or my mind. That's all on my list. I have a 2.2 liter KB blower ready to go.

Meth injection? My hold up with kb has always been the lack of intercoolers

More information on the tfs intake, is it the street style or the r-type?
Does it use the 5.0 fuel rails?

Yep R-type. Not sure about rails yet but it looks like it shares the injector angle of the other intakes so would suggest 5.0/5.8 rails would work with crossover tube length mods I imagine..like i did on my Offy.
btw CHI make cleveland heads in all the styles and are the best quality.

Meth injection? My hold up with kb has always been the lack of intercoolers

The plan is to mount a water/air intercooler over a TFS "R" 302 lower intake. The rub is whether to go with a turbo if the pipes can fit along the firewall, or the KB as a last resort.

I hope CHI has a nice big intake for Cleveland heads mounted on a Windsor block.

I have an X wit h a 347 stroker in it, was a tricky enough build as it was, big block would be intense to fit in and keep simple access to important things, the reason i went small block.

I would like to see how this turns out..........

The plan is to mount a water/air intercooler over a TFS "R" 302 lower intake. The rub is whether to go with a turbo if the pipes can fit along the firewall, or the KB as a last resort.

I hope CHI has a nice big intake for Cleveland heads mounted on a Windsor block.

Sure do Ron, and 400's too!
http://www.chiheads.com.au/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im doing a single turbo in my stang (342ci stroker) and a 383w in my 71 pick up which will get dual remote turbo's. have you considered doing a remote turbo set up on the x, my only hesitation would be what may come in contact with the turbo under the truck (water, mud) but a skid would help that a lot.

Back