EGR valve missing! Help ASAP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EGR valve missing! Help ASAP!

mudd3748

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Me and my friend were going to check my EGR valve on my 94 4.0l push valve explorer and......well its not there! The book says its there but its not ALL the pictures we can find show us a pic of what is not there. Newbie here need help ASAP please?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not all years had the egr valve. my 92 does not.

if yours is supposed to have it, there will be a big gaping hole in the intake where its supposed to attach, or a metal plate covering it (someone removed it and covered the hole).

my 92 has neither a hole, or a cover plate, my intake was not designed for an EGR

not all years had the egr valve. my 92 does not.

if yours is supposed to have it, there will be a big gaping hole in the intake where its supposed to attach, or a metal plate covering it (someone removed it and covered the hole).

my 92 has neither a hole, or a cover plate, my intake was not designed for an EGR

Thanx partner.

Picture?

Is the tube missing, or just the entire assembly missing? Can you see where it's supposed to go? If there's a spot for it to go into, and all connections are present, just buy one from a junk yard or store and put it in.

On my '94 4.0 X it is attached to the intake on the drivers side. It is a diaphragm shape with a small metal tube connecting to the exhaust manifold. It takes a 1 1/16" wrench to remove from tube. 2 small bolts connecting it to the intake.

Thanks fellas it appears my model doesn't have one. Guess the problem lies elsewhere.

My 93 also never had one. It is also a 49 state fed heavy duty truck. man was it fun trying to get it smog checks when I first moved to Calif. the guy at the check station was trying to make it pass as if it was a Calif truck and failing me right and left .I pointed out it was from out of state and then things started working. Now that was 2002 and every time I take in for that dang test it just passes. And I do mean just passes but hey it is still a pass and that is what counts

On my '94 4.0 X it is attached to the intake on the drivers side. It is a diaphragm shape with a small metal tube connecting to the exhaust manifold. It takes a 1 1/16" wrench to remove from tube. 2 small bolts connecting it to the intake.

I need a new "tube" but I cannot find one online at all. Any diagrams I see call it an "EGR valve to exhaust manifold tube" but I can't seem to find a part anywhere no matter what combination of those words I use. Can anyone help?

this *MIGHT* be what your looking for

DORMAN Part # 598103

this may be the ford number
F37Z9D477H

but dont quote me on that, I have a 92 which dont use it. I am just going by some semi-reliable parts lookups I know of.

Back