Electric cooling fan

Xplorer9

Reaction score
City, State
Philly
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport
Hi,guys:exp:

Has anyone ever had any experience replacing the engine driven cooling fan with an electric one?Which size do i need (94 eX,4.0 liter,4x4,5speed manual,2door)?What kinds of technical specs is it supposed to have?Does it really improve gas mileage?Which steps have i got to follow to install it?Any ideas,thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated:) Thanks.
Ray

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well Ray,
I don't quite know what size you want but I had a 1977 Ford F-150 with a 460 and I happen to have a bad accident with this cat that decided to nest in my engine compartment and ended up tearing my fan up to pieces and I ended up putting a electric fan out of a Ford Taurus. I could notice a difference in horsepower and what was cool about mine I had it on a toggle switch and I only use it when I started to run above normal op tempature which only happen when stuck in traffic jams and drive thru's. I am sure it will have its up and downs.

I wouldn't recomend it if you ever go 4-wheeling. But, if this is just a street truck, advance auto has fans, and they tell you how big of an engine they are made to cool. The largest one they have is rated for a 4.0, so that's perfect. You could put it on a toggle switch, or buy an automatic switch for it.

they do increase horsepower (how much i dont know) because they dont run off the surpitine belt system anymore. like FX4 said the good thing about these are that you can switch them on when you need them and leave them off when you dont.

Back