• Register Today It's free!

electrical / fuel fire

DUNE RCR

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 F150 5.4
So the other night my truck caught fire. I was driving home from work and got gas and about half way home I had a strong smell of gas from somewhere i couldn't figure out. Pulled into my driveway and got out to see what it was, reached through the driver front fender to see if I could find a leak and boom, big fire ball came out through the fender at me. Everything under the hood is toast now, hoses, wiring, just about everything plastic. I received some first degree burns to my arm and face but other than that I'm fine. Truck goes to the insurance company tomorrow to find out if its repairable or totaled. I still can't figure out what the cause of the fire was. Hopefully here in the next couple days I will have an answer.

All this after I just got it running too....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not cool at all but if you need any parts let me know. I have an extra 99 harness and a bunch of associated parts and I'm located in Va beach.

Don't know just yet what the insurance will say, but I will keep that in mind.

..Sorry to hear this...:(

..But glad to hear i wasn't any worse than it was...

Yeah me too. I could have lost my house if I hadn't acted quickly. I had it parked about 5ft from the house.

Well the insurance company totaled it out. I am buying the truck back but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it just yet. I don't know yet if I'm going to sell it as a whole or part it out. Here in about a week I will decide.

Once I get the check from the insurance company I'm going to start parting out the X. I'm getting an '01 F150 extended cab flare side for free and transferring my plates to that.

Back