Electrical Help please asap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Help please asap

It definitely couldn't hurt to replace the GEM for starters. I'm pretty sure the MFS is gonna need it too, I REALLY dont think the turns signals go through the GEM. I'm pretty sure the windows do not either, but that's a simpler circuit.

The power windows do go through the GEM. It continues signal to them after key is off until the doors are opened and I believe it also controls the "one touch window down" feature.
From what I understand the GEM controls all of the "timed" functions such as this. Anything that works until the door is opened with key out is controlled by the GEM. Or I have mislead myself by reading a massive pile of information and getting boggled. LOL

Ok so I ended up changing GEM 2 times.

First one blew turn signial fuse but fixed wiper issue and windows still did not work.

Second one... YAY all is working again. 4x4 lights, windows, wiper function normal, blinkers work (after fuse replacement).

Now the MFS is acting funky. Headlights have a "sweet" spot where you have to wiggle into lights to work. Changing that Monday.

Thanks again to all who offered support and advice! Good luck in your endeavors!

:exp::exp::exp::exp::exp::exp:

Sounds like the ex has got the "premium" sound system in it. That's a whole other beast.

As for the in line fusable links, there will be more than 1 of them. I'm not sure if every circuit on the truck pulls through them or not. It's also inside possibility they did not all blow.

Ok so I ended up changing GEM 2 times.

First one blew turn signial fuse but fixed wiper issue and windows still did not work.

Second one... YAY all is working again. 4x4 lights, windows, wiper function normal, blinkers work (after fuse replacement).

Now the MFS is acting funky. Headlights have a "sweet" spot where you have to wiggle into lights to work. Changing that Monday.

Thanks again to all who offered support and advice! Good luck in your endeavors!

:exp::exp::exp::exp::exp::exp:

Ha, I missed the second page of your posts. Glad to hear it worked out for you. :thumbsup:

Back