• Register Today It's free!

Electrical problem.

Poppadog1955

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
I have a 96 Explorer XLT the power windows won't roll up or down, any of them. No dome lights or display on my overhead temp/dir finder. Power locks work fine I've checked all fuses under hood and on panel by cluster I just replaced the drivers side motor and it worked after that but before that I had lights and a display. The new motor worked for a short while then didn't and more problems. Are there any other places I need to look for relays that control all of these functions or what other info do you need to help me all responses will be appreciated. Thanks

Really feel dumb I have been troubleshooting the windows for a while now learned that the blue/black wire provided power to driver side switch. Followed to fuse box. I have checked fuses that the owners manual said had anything to do with the windows. So I pulled each fuse one at a time. Till I found an empty hole I put a fuse in slot and the overhead light came on. Checked the windows and they worked. All this time should have done this. Before I know better. Thanks for all the help

Back