Electrical upgrade for stereo | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electrical upgrade for stereo

K, so the speakers decided to go with were the JBL GTI 6.5's, due to the fact they are easy to come by.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you'll like em-

was gonna keep this a secret- but i'll be using those mids in my component sets for sure (gto series 8", the gti mid, and some id horns).

plus you'll never have to worry about whether or not a warranty repair will be hard to come by etc. etc. (it would suck to have a problem with the RE's when they can be so hard to get ahold of)

A little off topic but my buddy back home opened his own fabrication steel shop and he wants to do the bags on my x after november when I come back to Japan. I will be home in the states in Alabama and Florida for november through december. How did you go about doing the suspension. Torsion bar kit? Rear end? Any custom fabrication involved?

front is custom entirely, including a frame notch to clear the large bags.

rear i'm using the under axle bag mounts from suicide doors with a custom frame crossmember as the upper mount. custom c notch too.

plenty of custom fabrication involved front and rear. a lot of fab is needed to get the front down as low as where i am now as well.

also, i'll likely be goign to a 4 link set-up in the rear soon as i can figure out how to dump the front a few more inches (right now the front frame is on the ground, so i need to Z it up there). i just don't like the way it looks when the rear looks lower than the front at all (i want a nice rake) so i don't want my rear any lower than it is until the front is Z'd

Cool. So you do need the component set before you do the fiberglass correct?

would make for the best kickpanels- certainly. However, i may be able to use a jbl 6.5" mid that i have here and estimate for how much larger the gti mid is than the power mid (if you aren't going ot put the tweeters in)

Yea...Ummm. No tweeters in the kicks. I will put the tweeters in near the other ones. I won't be able to buy the component speakers until the 15th next month. My paycheck on the 1st is going into another AX3000DE.

expo5.0 said:
you'll like em-

was gonna keep this a secret- but i'll be using those mids in my component sets for sure (gto series 8", the gti mid, and some id horns).

plus you'll never have to worry about whether or not a warranty repair will be hard to come by etc. etc. (it would suck to have a problem with the RE's when they can be so hard to get ahold of)

Sorry to high jack, but I think you'll like that combo alot better than all those Audiobahn mids you had in pics I've seen. The GTI components are super nice, as are ID horns. My friend has a set of the GTI's and they are nice, both of you will be very happy with them.

me too! thanks man

Back