sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Well, I am having another problem with my SBC DSL... or Yahoo email addresses. It won't send out mail anymore. Says this:

Task 'cakes@tommeents.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.0.0 Access denied'

I just got home from Santa Cruz.. I was on SBC DSL down there too. Worked fine. So I don't know what the dealio is. Anyone know anything?

Using Outlook 2003, have my SBC username and smtp dealio already in..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on your in and out mail servers make sure you have your username including the @sbcglobal.net and the pop3 server is pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com I had a similar problem, the user name on incoming just had my user name with out the @SBC****.net and it wasn't sending my mail out, it would receive it but not send it

Well it's not for my SBC account email. They're all email addresses through Yahoo! Domains.

Here is what I have:

Attachments

• email1.jpg
    email1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 179
  • email2.jpg
    email2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 180

run ad-aware and spybot lately????
i'd also try the scan at spywareguide.com it also does a great job

I'll give it a try! But my computer is so clean you could eat off it! :p :D

Hmm.. cleared my history, temp files, and cookies, ran ad-aware, found nothing. Still doesn't work. :(

Well I did't change a thing and it works today. :D Must have been a Yahoo problem. :eek:

Fawkers. Broke again.

delete all your **** invites, that might help

Finally got it fixed today. They changed the smtp settings from smtp.sbcglobal.net to smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com without telling me! :mad:

Back