• Register Today It's free!

Enduro explorer

Kid010

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisonville Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sport
Hello my name Jeremy I have 2000 2dr 2wd 4.0 explorer I'm using it in a enduro race I am stripping it out down to only the wires that I have to have so it starts and runs can anyone help me I'm still using steering column key ignition and such took air bags out of course any help is much appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome

remove everything but the drivers seat, weld the doors shut, ditch the glass, strap the battery down and go for it! LOL
You might snap a mono leaf if you push her too hard, 4 door leafs would be a good fix for that

There are ALOT of wires that are not needed.......I mean ALOT like 90% of the vehicles wiring
do you plan to have lights? tail lights? or no? instruments? dash? just curious
take some pics!

Besides the wires that obviously go to accessories you don't need (start at that end of all things powered), I doubt there is going to be enough weight savings to bother plucking individual wires out of the dash and under hood connectors.

You can't leave the driver's seat in, that's way heavier than a few questionable wires! :D

Thanks was hoping to gets some ideas at least this race is sun and I'm
remove everything but the drivers seat, weld the doors shut, ditch the glass, strap the battery down and go for it! LOL
You might snap a mono leaf if you push her too hard, 4 door leafs would be a good fix for that

There are ALOT of wires that are not needed.......I mean ALOT like 90% of the vehicles wiring
do you plan to have lights? tail lights? or no? instruments? dash? just curious
take some pics!
No lights no dash completely striped I was planning on taking the 4inch of shims that are under the leafs .the fuel shut off rollover switch is there way to bypass it will it start and run with it unhooked ? There is a box that says security I assume I will have to keep?

Besides the wires that obviously go to accessories you don't need (start at that end of all things powered), I doubt there is going to be enough weight savings to bother plucking individual wires out of the dash and under hood connectors.

You can't leave the driver's seat in, that's way heavier than a few questionable wires! :D
Weight not really a issue just getting the mass amount of wiring out of the way is main deal I just didnt know if there was any security stuff that I had to keep I am using steering column so still has key and all that I have realized that it will run with everything unhooked besides the roll over switch a security box there is some relays that are randomly put in places wondered about them have not got a good pic of wiring harness yet it's looking like if I keep stuff to steering column that goes to Pat's and power ignition ect .only ?really is there a way to by pass roll over switch all motor compartment stuff is pretty much seperate it seems like

Not sure what you mean by cant leave drivers seat in only one there is lol completely stripped other wise

You could use a different seat to save more weigh than wires. I don't understand what you mean about getting them out of the way, when it comes to behind the dash or are you removing the dash too?

The "rollover" switch I assume you are referring to is the fuel inertia switch? If so, the power to the fuel pump goes through it, so it is simple to delete by just connecting the wires going in and out of it together, or even rerouting them more directly to the pump to be a bit shorter, but I would leave it in unless you find that you're tripping it unintentionally from rough driving. If you are even stripping out the plastic trim panels, I have to think it is really about weight even if you dismissed that previously, so if a loose wire is bothering you then you could just use something like HVAC aluminum or duct tape to secure it out of the way.

Back