Engine Code messes with my head.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine Code messes with my head....

everythintech

Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Ok so i was muddin and drove through some water pretty fast, it was only a foot deep and about 50 yards long, and when i came out my engine died. It took me a few tries, but i got it started and let it idle for about 20 minutes, it got me home. now when i accelerate, it bogs down, bad. i went to Kragen auto parts and they let me use there code reader, the code P0171 System Too Lean? From my experience the way my engine was runnin sounded like when i accelerated, it flooded out. Thank god there is no knock, and when my engine does pick up, it goes like normal. I am lost now, i think too lean means that there is too much air right? The miss fire monitor check was completed and came up good. I am lost, any engine gurus wanna help me out?

Thanx

Chris

well i searched and found some great info. To rule out my MAF i just disconnected my battery for 10 minutes, and disconnected my maf wires. I drove around the block just to see if i had full throttle again, and whataknow, its back to normal (given that i had no maf) so instead of dealing with cleaning it, i am just going to get a bigger one. yeah, i am soooooo happy, i thought i really messed some stuff up. water+engine=problems

Back