Engine losing power / oil gauge going nuts | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine losing power / oil gauge going nuts

Lol I'm so happy I don't have to mess with the plastic intake anymore be careful not to strip out the plastic screw holes if you do it's $80 for a new lower intake plenum just hand tight do not use a torque wrench just a 1/4 drive

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks! I got the upper intake manifold off.

In order to replace the thermostat housing and the small, stubby coolant hose attached to it, it looks like I have to remove the bracket that hold the tensioner pulley and alternator. Any tips for doing this? Thanks!

Thanks! I got the upper intake manifold off.

In order to replace the thermostat housing and the small, stubby coolant hose attached to it, it looks like I have to remove the bracket that hold the tensioner pulley and alternator. Any tips for doing this? Thanks!
Remove the idler pulley 15mm then the whole bracket 18mm I think leave the tensioner on

Thanks! I got everything taken apart. Anybody know the torque spec for the 3 bolts that hold the thermostat housing to the block (NOT the 3 bolts that hold the "cap" on top of the thermostat)? Thanks.

I think it's 89in lb but not sure however I just snug them up nothing special just use 1/4 in tools

Thanks! I might have to replace the water pump. Know of any videos on doing this? What tips do you suggest? Special tool needed to remove the fan?

The fan tool can be rented I suggest that
I removed the
Fan
Alternator and it's bracket
And throttle body just to get it out of the way
Bolts are 8mm 89in lb criss. Cross pattern
Don't gouge up the timing cover with a razor

Back