Engine swap from 2004 explorer to 2005 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine swap from 2004 explorer to 2005

william Mccaulley

Reaction score
City, State
altoona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer xlt
What is the difference between 4.0L engine out of a 2004 ford explorer and 4.0L engine out of a 2005 ford explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Prob your MAP sensor. Those are the symptoms of a faulty one.

where is the IAC located at on my 2005 ford explorer 4.0L

where is the IAC located at on my 2005 ford explorer 4.0L
I believe the 2005 4.0 is drive by wire and does not use an IAC, the electric throttle took over that function.

ok yea it don't have iac and it don't have an MAP Sensor. Got it to idle now but it idles rough.I cleaned the throttle body. i replaced the MAF sensor.I replaced Throttle Position Sensor and the fuel injectors and the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

I believe the 2005 4.0 is drive by wire and does not use an IAC, the electric throttle took over that function.
Got it to idle now but it idles rough.I cleaned the throttle body. i replaced the MAF sensor.I replaced Throttle Position Sensor and the fuel injectors and the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

whats on the throttle body
@william Mccaulley
What's on the throttle body is two things: the drive motor, and the Throttle Position Sensor. If either gets messed-up, either on their own or by tampering, the codes for potential engine shut-down will be thrown: "Forced Engine Idle", or "Forced Engine Shutdown".
imp

Back