ESP and MFT Updates | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ESP and MFT Updates

darth_hangover

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limted (on Order)
All,

I'm considering purchasing an ESP when I try to find/order my Ex (hopefully in the next week). I know from reading through the threads that Ford will be providing free MFT updates through January, but was wondering what happens after that. Will an ESP (PremiumCare - since it has the High Tech items) cover MFT updates? I haven't been able to find any information on that. Would that also cover things like Nav updates, etc? One of the drawbacks I've seen with other Nav systems is you can get updated maps for a few years, but they stop making updates for older Nav systems. Since I plan to keep the Ex for 8-10 years, I'd like to have some ability to keep it updated, even if only for the first 7 years with the ESP....

Thoughts?

DH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will not cover nav updates if you mean maps. If the MFT goes funky or they can duplicate an issue, I do not see how it would ever be denied coverage under the Premium Care.

I know Ford is saying till Jan 2012 but I don't see them not covering updates until the MFT is performing perfectly. They may not cover updates for free just to get them but if you are having a legit issue, it should be covered minus the deductible you choose.

To me, it's no different then tranny updates, pcm reflashes or any other reflash that will fix an issue.

What is Account Solutions ESP? I'm not familiar with that one, and I just tried searching for info but didn't see find anything.

What is Account Solutions ESP? I'm not familiar with that one, and I just tried searching for info but didn't see find anything.

I am sorry..it is Assurant Solutions. My mistake. they insurance all kinds of things. I got a great comprehensive 72/72 plan for $673. I got it through my insurance which is USAA. Check the USAA website at www. usaa.com.

Ah, okay. I'm a USAA member, so I'll check it out, but I'm not sure how they would cover updates to the MFT. Hardware issues, yes, but I'm kind of thinking something along the lines of a software maintenance plan...

Ah, okay. I'm a USAA member, so I'll check it out, but I'm not sure how they would cover updates to the MFT. Hardware issues, yes, but I'm kind of thinking something along the lines of a software maintenance plan...

Let me know what you think, it covers a lot. also gives you a free quote.

Just tried to find it, but no luck. I searched for Assurant Solutions and was able to find the EVP (Extended Vehicle Protection, iirc) product page but when I went to get the quote, it said not currently available - either they no longer offer it, or it's not available in my state...

Back