• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Help

maikolo

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburg california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer XLT
Im looking to redo my ravin "midas" installed exhaust system. dual outlet but the second pipe stick out from underneath not a good look. I need suggestions on what type of muffler I that would be good. I go to sites and they have certain type of mufflers for your vehicle. could I just pick any muffler made for trucks. I have a 93 ex. plus should I have dual or just the single outlet? would it make a difference? I just need sum advice because I want to make sure on what to get before I pay for it! thanks

oh, and is it possible to make the muffler I choose a catback? would that be better for increase of power? what is the difference between catback and regular muffler? I have an idea but I want to make sure im right. thank you for your help!

catback is replacing the whole exhuast system from the catalytic converter to the tailpipe... a muffler is just that.... what kind of sound are you looking for? flowmaster makes decent mufflers and tons of people have them... you will need to research though as there are tons of different noise levels that go along with them... my 4cyl yota has a flowmaster 40 and its loud! but i liek it like that.....wish i could run it without a muffler, but it pisses my neighbors of too much

A nice deep mean sound would be nice but not too tough, the one I have now(ravin) sound like its underwater or something not really a deep deep bass sound, but most of all is the performance enhancment is what im really looking for then least is how the tip is finished off(straight out, down to the side) right now the pipes run straight back but im thinking of changing it to run off to the side.

wich is better edelbrock, dynomax, flowmaster,???

Back