Exhaust pics

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
I had my headers and exhaust done a few weeks ago but never got around to taking pics. I will post a sound clip as soon as I can find a recording device that does it justice. The headers are ceramic coated JBA's which feed into 2 inch secondaries and then join into a single 3" pipe, through a 3 inch cat, and a 3" single inlet dual 2.5 inch outlet Flowmaster super 40. The wrapping is DEI exhaust wrap sprayed with hi temp silicone sealeant...helps control heat down there and keep the heat in a little to help offset overcooling of the exhaust gases at low RPMs. Overcooled exhaust gases reduce low end torque so theoretically keeping them a little hotter helps keep good torque in the low RPM range. I don't know if it makes a huge difference or not. I do know that at idle exhaust flow is good enough to blow leaves and dust around 3 feet from the end of the pipes....so at least I know it's not restrictive!

16158CIMG00011.JPG

16158CIMG00021.JPG

16158CIMG00031.JPG

16158CIMG00041.JPG

16158CIMG0005.JPG

16158CIMG0006.JPG

16158CIMG0007.JPG

16158CIMG0008.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good... :)

Have you thought about wrapping the headers also, would be a pita with them installed.
Is really some advantages to wrapped pipe and some ponies to be made.
looks very nice

There might be a benefit to wrapping the headers but they have ceramic coating so they don't get too hot anyway. Some people have posted in the past that wrapping headers can cause increased stress on the metal from the heat and corrosion, but the DEI wrap is designed and installed in such a way that it lets out just enough heat to slow or stop this problem.

But yes, it would definitely be a PITA to wrap the headers now and I am tired of messing with them so that is another good reason to leave em alone :) Might wrap the y pipe but since it is on the small side I think the exhaust velocity is pretty good there.

Y-pipe wrap was a must do for my application, ran 1/2 inch away from my PML tranny pan (all along the frontside) and 1/4 inch from my starter moter.
Reduced tranny temp by 5 degs, worked for me, in my case

Looks nice. There are 2 things I would sugest.
First, take the clamp off the Y pipe where the bellhousing is. Its a bad place for a clamp just get it welded. Also paint all the welds quick. Use some super high temp paint and make sure to do it fast. there is already rust starting there and it wil get bad fast. The shop should have done this.

Back