• Register Today It's free!

exhaust question

fatboy0186

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I would like to make the exhaust on my 1991 XLT sound deep and have a nice rumble. I don't want my exhaust to sound like a toilet flushing, i want it to sound like a V-8 with striaght pipes. I know i only have a 4.0L V-6, but i want it to sound good. What do you guys suggest i get for my exhaust? Muffler, size and length of pipes, ect. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should ask Jimabena74, if I remember correctly, he's one of the ones with the loud muffler sounds. Am I right Jim? Or just going insane?

muhahaha

yup, me and mikeresin have flowmaster 40 non deltas..... and no exit pipes...... they are loud and sound like a v8 tith only headers......

muhahah loud.... =)

sorry guys. im somewhat delerious today. and starving. i need food. to the batmobile!

what are you talking about mike? the batmobile is parked outside my work.....

no way. i have the batmobile. yours is the batmobeater. hah j/k

mike...poor mike..... i am batman... tbomb said so.... look up my i stopped a gang fight thread..... my truck has to look like that..that way nobody will want to steal it and will never discover the batmobiles secrets :)

hahaha
yes but i even have to batman utility bely. and a grapling hook. you see mine is the batmobile. especially when i get the remote start on it. =)
ok ill tell ya what. we can both have a batmobile. that work?

ok fine.... and i have a leatherman on my belt... that is the #1 most usefull tool... and a coathangar in the car and all sorts of other tools too....

lol.

one of these days you should come up to san rafael man. we will see whos truck is louder.

i have to quiet mine down for inspection... registration is due 12/12/01

ahhh that sux. i need to register mine pretty soon too.

LOL... you guys are great

LOL... you guys are great

.... I'm trying to go all black and occasionally help cats get out of trees? Can I at least be Robin?? :)

haha sure. im doing al all black thing on my X. with blue accents. i have blue dome lights and am working on a blue guage set and blue neons for under the car. maybe blue turn signals

Originally posted by jimabena74
what are you talking about mike? the batmobile is parked outside my work.....

Originally posted by mikeresin
no way. i have the batmobile. yours is the batmobeater. hah j/k

yes but i even have to batman utility bely. and a grapling hook. you see mine is the batmobile. especially when i get the remote start on it. =)

Originally posted by jimabena74
ok fine.... and i have a leatherman on my belt... that is the #1 most usefull tool... and a coathangar in the car and all sorts of other tools too....
You guys are a riot! :-D

Back to the original questions. As for the diameter of pipe, I suggest 2.25" and have the bends be mandrel bent. And for your and your passengers' safety, have the pipes exit out the back of your Explorer. That way the carbon monoxide fumes don't kill you. ;-)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cut the exhaust off after the cats...Then slapped on a cherry bomb...thats it...Sounds F'ing AWSOME....

Back