• Register Today It's free!

exhaust sound difference

sox2112

Reaction score
City, State
Philly,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
i just got a dual exhaust system on my 05 xlt v6. i got the flowmaster 50 suv muffler.
just wanted to see how different the 4.0 sounds compared to the 4.6 v8 engine the explorer has.

also i found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the only 2005 v6 intake i could find. is it worth gettin? i have the regular 05 explorer k&n filter in the airbox already.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant explain it but its sounds alot different.

k&n intake

check k&n's web site. I believe this is for the sport not the 4 door explorer.
04 and 05 they change the mass air sensor on the explorer 4 door. I bought
the kkm intake. It comes with a new housing for the mas. it was easy to install and fits great. the only problem I have with it is the cone air filter has a whistle around 2200 rpms. I email'd kkm twice about this problem and never heard back. I might just get a cone K&N..Do a search for KKM. it shows a pic of what it will look like..

where can i find a kkm intake for my 05 explorer i looked on google and couldnt find anything about it

sox2112 said:
i just got a dual exhaust system on my 05 xlt v6. i got the flowmaster 50 suv muffler.
just wanted to see how different the 4.0 sounds compared to the 4.6 v8 engine the explorer has.

How does them dual flowmasters sound on the v6?im thinking about getting some too but having second thuoghts cuz its v6 and i dont want a rice racer noise..and how much did it run you?

It's a night and day difference comparing the tone of the 4.0 to either of the V8's.

sox2112 said:

also i found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the only 2005 v6 intake i could find. is it worth gettin? i have the regular 05 explorer k&n filter in the airbox already.

Post a sound or video/sound file of your exhaust!

Back