• Register Today It's free!

Loud or deep Exhaust sound

dalin0424

Reaction score
City, State
Angier, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT
I have a 2005 Sport Trac XLT with the V6 and 4.0. I'm looking for an exhaust that sounds loud or deep money isn't the issue. Any suggestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i currently have a flowmaster on mine, can't remember which one exactly at the moment but it does have that deep rumble to it, and it's not crazy loud.

"Deep" is a very subjective term for the 4.0 SOHC. "Loud" is also, but never heard the combination of both. Regarding those who say
"it sounds like a V8", I've never heard ANY V6 ST sound remotely close to a V8 regardless of displacement. It's all about harmonics. This engine can actually sound good up until about 3000 RPM's, then it tends to get raspy, almost "ricey" sounding. Unfortunately, listening to YouTube exhaust videos makes it extremely difficult to tell, much less hearing the exact setup you would be using. After physically installing several mufflers on my Trac including Magnaflow, Flowmaster, and Borla, I ultimately ended up with the Dynomax Superturbo removing the factory resonator. It had the deepest note, but was also the quietest of the four, almost stock sound at idle.

I'm running the stock 2.25" mid pipe, a 2.5" Jones "Maxflow" muffler, dumped before the rear axle. I'm very happy with the sound. Very deep, decent volume.

Im running the same prostreet 9000 spintech muffler as the guy in the video just1me posted, i love it ! excellent sound, not much drone at all... id definately reccommend this to anyone with an ST

I went with a 18" glasspack with a y pipe after it. It isn't deep but it is loud. It doesnt get to raspy or ricer sounding untill like stated earlier you get higher up in the rpms

Back