• Register Today It's free!

||| Exhaust... |||

Mr. MuD

Reaction score
City, State
Clawson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' XLT
Ok, I have a hole in my muffler now and my truck sounds really ballsy...but I need to get it fixed.

I have a 91 X and I saw a Borla cat back exhaust kit for 350.00 or somewhere around there...

My whole exhaust is pretty rusted....should I jus get a mediocre muffler and install that, or should I get the whole deal and get an all new exhaust set put in while im already down there fixing it?

By the way...sense I will prolly end up getting all new exhaust and muffler anyways...what is the best brand out there? The Borla had a million mile warranty, and that sounded pretty promising.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:bump:

Flowmaster all the way, get a 40 or 50 series muffler and take it to a shop and have them custum bend the pipes it'll be cheaper than buying a whole cat-back system from a magazine. Personally I don't like the sound of Borlas, my friend has them on his Denali and my exhaust sounds a lot better, he's taking the borla off and putting in flows when school ends (about a month).

I agree. I love my flowmaster setup.

I like my Flowmaster also. Some other good choices are Gibson and Magnaflow.

Go with the Flowies!! You can get a cat back aluminumized Flowmaster system from Dead Link Removed for about $160

I love my Borla and would say go with that system. The exhaust fit perfectly...had it in in 20 mins (literally) The part that took a lot of time was removing the old exhaust. the borla is one of the quieter high flow systems and the tip looks awesome

:D i really like my borla system quick install and works great

hah im still torn now, i was leaning towards borla becuase i dunno, the warrenty i guess...but i have about half and half on what to get from you guys. So i guess it really doesnt matter then...ill jus have to read up on it myself. Jus seeing what you guys thought!

Thanks again!

Mike

It sort of depends on what type of sound you want from it...the flowmasters are usually a little louder then Borla. My system has a nice low tone and it is only really noticable in city stop and go driving. On the highway you can't even tell its there.

Back