Explorer 07 V6 5 speed shifting issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 07 V6 5 speed shifting issue

omero

Reaction score
City, State
Kuwait
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 XLT
Hi

Since I received my V6 explorer I had 2 issues with the transmission

when shifting from 2nd to 3rd I feel 2 knocks.

when idling on neutral for 2 minutes ( as on a traffic light ) it also gives 2 knocks when shifting to D.

The local dealer claims that this is normal.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why are you shifting, it has an automatic transmition, let the computer do the work.

I only touch the shifter when towing my trailer, at that point i take it out of o/d and let the computer shift for me.

Do you tow a trailer? is that why your shifting the automatic transmition like a standard shift?

He never said he was shifting it manually.....

He is referring to noises that he feels when it's shifting normally, on it's own.

Oh, that sounds weird, when my 06 shifts you can't even hear it at all, thats one of my favorite parts of my Ex, how quiet the tranny is:biggthump

Oh, that sounds weird, when my 06 shifts you can't even hear it at all, thats one of my favorite parts of my Ex, how quiet the tranny is:biggthump

And therefore, that is his problem. His isn't quiet

Sounds like something that you could have repaired under warrenty. If you have less than 36,000 miles you still have the factory warrenty:thumbsup:
Sounds like your EX needs a trip to the doctors office

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

The knocks are felt when the selector is on D without towing.

The car is under warranty but the dealer claims that that is normal.

It seems that I need to talk to Ford customer service.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

The knocks are felt when the selector is on D without towing.

The car is under warranty but the dealer claims that that is normal.

It seems that I need to talk to Ford customer service.

Omero regardless of what the dealer says you need to have it looked at by someone who at least cares. If what your describing is really happening its definently not normal. My 2006 trans is even quieter than my 1999 honda accord i used to own. You are correct in that you need to call Ford Customer service, if that doesn't work a corporate phone call is up next.

Back