• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2006 Transmission Noise

Chughtai

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2006 - XLT
I have Ford Explorer 2006 4.0L V6. My car was running perfect until recently I started feeling that when my car shifts from lower gear to higher or vice versa, it sometimes gives a sort of bump. This is kind of bothering me and I am unable to find out what could be the reason for it. I am suspecting that this is because of transmission oil that needs to be changed.

If anyone has any such experience, kindly share your ideas or opinions. I am planning to get my complete transmission oil and filter changed just to be on the safe side.

I have Ford Explorer 2006 4.0L V6. My car was running perfect until recently I started feeling that when my car shifts from lower gear to higher or vice versa, it sometimes gives a sort of bump. This is kind of bothering me and I am unable to find out what could be the reason for it. I am suspecting that this is because of transmission oil that needs to be changed.

If anyone has any such experience, kindly share your ideas or opinions. I am planning to get my complete transmission oil and filter changed just to be on the safe side.

It could be one of a million things. My 06 V8 has an intermittant low gear hard shift. I asked the transmission guy about it and he named off a bunch of stuff it could be. Go to AAMCO, they have a free 1 hour diagnoses they offer. Might put you in the right direction.....

Dear, em not residing in states so AAMCO is outta question for me.. will surely look for some local dealers and get it checked. Still thanks for your input...

Oh! I thought you lived in Riyhad, Alabama! HAHA Just kidding, didn't even look at your location. Let me know what the deal is when you figure it out. Seems there is always something to fix on the Explorer, so this might come up at some point.

Back