Explorer 2017 , Dark car model by FORScan | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2017 , Dark car model by FORScan

I just followed the Platinum Owners spreadsheet and those were the modifications listed, I'm not sure if all of the bits actually needed to be changed.

Maybe @PlatinumOwner can clarify.
Are you talking about this sheet -> https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers ?

That one just lists dark car as a single change to 726-32-01 which doesn't seem to work for all Explorers (may not work for any Explorer?).
I didn't look through every tab, but the change to 726-58-02 isn't even listed on the common or interceptor utility tabs at all. Based on my experience, both were necessary to enable "dark car" on my PIU.

I've tried out quite a few different changes on the interceptor utility tab that did seem to work as indicated (ex: AWD gauge & avg speed/RPM on my PIU, the only 2 options that worked were disabled or enabled - the other two options just messed up the dash display by causing the fuel gauge to read empty). That line shows it was tested and confirmed just like the dark car line, but there is obviously something more to it if some of the changes don't really work on all PIUs/Explorers. Just my 2 cents...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about this sheet -> https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers ?

That one just lists dark car as a single change to 726-32-01 which doesn't seem to work for all Explorers (may not work for any Explorer?).
I didn't look through every tab, but the change to 726-58-02 isn't even listed on the common or interceptor utility tabs at all. Based on my experience, both were necessary to enable "dark car" on my PIU.

I've tried out quite a few different changes on the interceptor utility tab that did seem to work as indicated (ex: AWD gauge & avg speed/RPM on my PIU, the only 2 options that worked were disabled or enabled - the other two options just messed up the dash display by causing the fuel gauge to read empty). That line shows it was tested and confirmed just like the dark car line, but there is obviously something more to it if some of the changes don't really work on all PIUs/Explorers. Just my 2 cents...

I could have sworn I got it off that spreadsheet, see this post:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...odule-programming.442848/page-22#post-3629730

*edit*
Maybe I got it from the F150forum post, this is getting confusing with all of these different spreadsheets lol.

Many Thanks, I think 726-58-02 is the one I missed in last try. I will try on my 2017 ELT this week.

hi, I just tired, with additional revision on 726-58-02 39 bit rather than 726-32-01 , it works ! thank you.

and I found the DRL is disabled as well, actually this is a real dark mode, policy for sure do not wanna DRL while they wanna to be dark, but if DRL can be turn on while others DARK, it is better for me .. need to find out solution.

I could have sworn I got it off that spreadsheet, see this post:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...odule-programming.442848/page-22#post-3629730

*edit*
Maybe I got it from the F150forum post, this is getting confusing with all of these different spreadsheets lol.
Confusing is a bit of an understatement. I wonder if there may be changes that are specific to exact model years (ex: 16 vs 17 are different, not just 11-15 and 16-18). Update: I was able to get the Silent Mode menu setting in my IPC by changing 720-04-01 from C400 0000 00F0 to C404 0000 00F0 (bit 13 changes from 0 to 1)

hi, I just tired, with additional revision on 726-58-02 39 bit rather than 726-32-01 , it works ! thank you.

and I found the DRL is disabled as well, actually this is a real dark mode, policy for sure do not wanna DRL while they wanna to be dark, but if DRL can be turn on while others DARK, it is better for me .. need to find out solution.
Yep - mine disabled DRLs also. There were a couple of other settings I tried to change that some of the spreadsheets indicated were related to DRL, but Forscan was unable to write those changes on my vehicle.

Confusing is a bit of an understatement. I wonder if there may be changes that are specific to exact model years (ex: 16 vs 17 are different, not just 11-15 and 16-18). I may have to play around with my 2017 a bit more to see if I can isolate the silent mode menu setting in IPC (haven't found it so far).

Yep - mine disabled DRLs also. There were a couple of other settings I tried to change that some of the spreadsheets indicated were related to DRL, but Forscan was unable to write those changes on my vehicle. I do not have the dark car/silent mode menu setting.

just in case, I found this in another forum, BdyCM 726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx Allow all DRL choices , maybe this need to be turn to 7F before other DRL setting can be changed.

When I open the door to get in the park lights, the exterior mirror lights, and interior light come on. They will eventually time out. When I open the door to get out they all come on again. I am a hunter and camper and I want to control the lighting. How do I do it? How do I silence that horrible chime?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Do you still have the 99 Mountaineer that shows in your profile?
You will have to make software changes to some of the vehicle's modules. I will move your thread to an existing one I found using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature in the upper right. There are a few posts on using Forscan.

Peter

Back