Explorer Audio | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Audio

Remove all the plastic holding tab thingys, a tool can be bought to remove these without damaging them, or you can do it carefully with screwdrivers. Then pull back the carpet, and unscrew it from the floor and by the hatch, then remove the seatbelt bolt with a Torx bit. Then it will pull out of the way :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, I don't have anything to contribute besides what VairKing said... This is just the oldest thread I have ever seen resurrected! 46 months between posts! :eek: But it is definitely good to see a new member using the search function. ;)

I have a 97 X Sport, factory 6 cd changer, factory radio, and I am having a problem with the headphone option. It is saying that the speakers are off and that the sound is coming out of the headphones. There isn't any sound coming out of them, so I need to know what to do. I have taken the center console apart where the back seat panel is and everything is hooked up and ready. I need to know if there is a button or something to override the back panel option of using headphones. Reply would be most appreicated.

I have a 97 X and have 4 6x8 3 way pioneers in all the doors. Everything else is stock. I have the stock 6 disc cd changer in the console this changer is a POS. About once a week it stops working for a couple of hours. I have no idea why. Should I pull it out and get some to look at it or go get a new one? I have plans in the near future to add a new head unit and a couple of subs( proabobly 2 JL's 10")
Thanks for the help

BEN

go with kicker or jl, try the kicker solo baric L7's i just bought a pair, as for the jl's i have had 3 10" w-0s and they pounded, im goin from experience, do what u like

Back