Explorer delays | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer delays

Two different things. One I have official acknowledgment of a major hold/warehousing of 2020 explorers. No official numbers. Because of A problem. NOT the brake problem.

Number two the brake problem does exist and Ford Dealers received the letter yesterday. Here is the letter....

Attachments

• 2020 Explorer - Performance Brakes - 68T (1).pdf
    26 KB · Views: 385

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After driving the ST brake package for 700 miles, I'm not sure I would want anymore brake power than what I have now. Would love to try the High Performance pack just to see the difference though. At speed (possibly above the posted suggested limit) the ST brakes bite hard and you have to have a light and reactive touch otherwise things tend to get a bit jerky :eek:

Two different things. One I have official acknowledgment of a major hold/warehousing of 2020 explorers. No official numbers. Because of A problem. NOT the brake problem.

Number two the brake problem does exist and Ford Dealers received the letter yesterday. Here is the letter....
Gotcha, Thanks for the clarification.

I stopped at my dealer today and they had 3 2020 ST's, a Limited and an XLT parked in a row with a 2019 in the middle of them. They might have had more but I didn't look for more of them, I just wanted to see them in person. I could not see the window stickers as they were on the rear doors and the tint is so dark and the sun hitting the glass made them unreadable, so I do not know what options they had. Three of them had the ST badges on the rear gate. I will say that I expected a larger difference in appearance from the 2019. I'll have to go drive one and see how differently they drive. My salesman said he would let me know when he gets a PIU in so I can drive that. If anyone wants one off the lot All American Ford In Old Bridge NJ has them. My salesman is a great guy his name is Joe Germino.

Just curious, is the reason the high performance pads are installed at the dealership is because the parts weren't available right away at the factory?

Will it come installed at the factory in the future? Is there another reason it has to be installed at the dealer? Thanks.

Just curious, is the reason the high performance pads are installed at the dealership is because the parts weren't available right away at the factory?

Will it come installed at the factory in the future? Is there another reason it has to be installed at the dealer? Thanks.

Line simplification..

1) standard brakes and 20s.

Or

2) performance calipers, rotors and 21" rims

For those who wanted the Track Pack (pads), easier for dealer to do it than 3 different options on the line.

Always a dealer install.

Line simplification..

1) standard brakes and 20s.

Or

2) performance calipers, rotors and 21" rims

For those who wanted the Track Pack (pads), easier for dealer to do it than 3 different options on the line.

Always a dealer install.

Thanks! Do you know what the ABS recalibration entails?

Thanks! Do you know what the ABS recalibration entails?

No clue but it makes sense to me that the track pack grips a lot more and is much more sensitive so they have to adjust the abs sensitivity to not engage the same way.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Thanks! Our Odyssey was stolen a few months ago and we thought we wanted the Ascent, but I couldn't get myself excited about it.

We test drove the 2020 Explorer ST and are properly excited!!

Now we're just waiting for the initial kinks to get worked out so we can see all the colors at the dealership. This forum is super useful. Now I know why the Explorers have been stuck in transit, even the dealers don't always know!

My ST has been sitting on a rail car in the Dallas area since last week. Was due in Monday the 29th but have gotten no updated info from Ford or the
dealer. I didn't order the Street Wheels or brakes. I would think its another issue...issues. Built date was 6/26

My ST has been sitting on a rail car in the Dallas area since last week. Was due in Monday the 29th but have gotten no updated info from Ford or the
dealer. I didn't order the Street Wheels or brakes. I would think its another issue...issues. Built date was 6/26

What does the Ford Tracking Page show for your ST? "In Production, ETA"? Just curious, same build date.

Where do you find the build date?

Where do you find the build date?
Ford tracking page under window sticker. See Attachment...Top of the page under Blend and also bottom of page

Attachments

• Build date.pdf
    299.4 KB · Views: 266

There was a stop sale issued on all Aviators today. No further details.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back